PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion 420 or similar - how to get all speakers on same source?

twvette
08-26-2017, 01:37 PM
I find it annoying that cant really listen to music through all speakers the Fuzion 420 has, never less play TV audio on the speakers. The "CD Player" runs my outside patio and garage speakers for music while the soundbar would be only source in living room and only for TV audio. Am always going in and out and around the rig so sure would be nice to have one source to be able to output to all. For this high end of a rig we should be past this issue by now.

It seems few "CD Players" don't have any digital outputs to hook up to the soundbar. My TV uses the HDMI port so easiest option would be digital optical/toslink. I really don't want a 1970's single aux channel input being used for "stereo" music even if it is just an RV.

What I have come up so far is to use an analog to digital audio converter connected to the pre-amp outputs of the CD Player. There are ones under $20. If it works that is fine but still no TV audio to the speakers at patio/garage.

Could upgrade to any stereo unit that has AV inputs. Would then need to purchase a similar digital to analog converter to make this work unless using the analog outputs from the satellite receiver or similar (which would be ok in my opinion).

Best and I think only option without additional converters is the Clarion VX807 or NX807 stereo. It has both an HDMI input and optical output. I don't think there are any others out there with both a digital input and output.

Anyone figured out something else I might be overlooking?

Sure seems its time someones come up with more of a home media type receiver that runs off 12V to allow the flexibility to have a lot of digital inputs/outputs along with speaker selections for flexibility. The few RV based ones I see still don't appear to have digital outputs for things like soundbars, but if implemented correctly really not necessary as then would not need a separate soundbar system.

MattHelm21
08-26-2017, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure I'm clear on your post. I am able to listen to music in my 414 from the Stereo on garage, outside speakers and the sound bar all at the same time. Is this what you are unable to do? There is an input so the TV audio can be output through the sound bar. It might be a "nice to have" for the TV to be able to play through all speakers since I am able to get audio only channels in our DirecTV programming and that would be usueful in remote areas.

twvette
08-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Correct, I am not getting music from the Sony CD player on my soundbar and I tried all inputs. Maybe what I am overlooking is the Sony CD player will output the bluetooth audio also or is yours using the Aux input on the soundbar?

MattHelm21
08-27-2017, 12:29 PM
The Sony CD player in mine does connect to the aux. input in the sound bar. I'm in IT and frequently have to ask questions like I'm about to(i.e. "Is it plugged in?") because sometimes people just miss the obvious but is the sound bar powered on with its remote and is its volume turned up independently from the Sony CD player volume? If the answer is yes, I'd be inclined to think the connection between the CD player and the sound bar is out. Do you get anything from the Aux. source of the sound bar at all? I suppose it could also be misswired if, as some have mentioned, the dealer had to swap a component and then replaced it later but did not reconnect it properly. I assume the setup is the same on both our units but the placement must be different. Can you get to the back of everything to check the hookups?

twvette
08-27-2017, 12:43 PM
There is nothing in the AUX connection to my soundbar. I understand I could wire it this way (I assume they just forgot to do mine) but a mono aux input is a bit less than desirable, even in a crappy RV stereo system LOL. Plus, I still then cant get my satellite receiver audio (unless did a two to one RCA splitter/combiner cable) The Sony CD player I have has no inputs whatsoever (except bluetooth).

Did a little more research and don't think any typical media receivers also transmit the BT audio for another device to receive so that idea is out the window.

MattHelm21
08-27-2017, 12:56 PM
It don't think its a mono aux input. It think it is a stereo aux input although that would make it analog and not digital. But, I don't really think it matters much. The speaker system really isn't up to producing more than "good" sound quality. I don't think I'd be able to hear the difference between a digital input and an analog input from these speakers anyway. BTW, mine was delivered wired this way so I'm pretty sure yours was meant to be this way from the factory. Mine, like yours,is also the Chrome package which probably sets the model components and connections for the model year in question. Anyone else with a 2016 Fuzion Chrome package have a different setup than the Sony CD player connected to the Aux sound bar input?

twvette
08-27-2017, 02:36 PM
Thanks, I got blinded by it being labeled AUX and my mind associates that with an RCA connection which is single channel. It is a stereo jack connection on the soundbar and assuming they did not use a mono jack on the cable and wired it properly it should be two channel stereo. Should be fine unless upgrading everything.

For my satellite tv audio think I will try an AUX or optical to bluetooth transmitter to get the sound to the Sony. Only ~$25 on Amazon.

MattHelm21
08-27-2017, 02:49 PM
I'm not 100 percent but I think the samsung TV has a digital output wired into the sound bar via the digital in source. I'm sure it is on one of the inputs. As long as you get audio on your TV through the HDMI from your satellite receiver, you should be able to change the output on the TV from speaker to "digital out" and play through your sound bar. I've done this as a test but never found the need to do it in practice. I have to try it again though because I wonder if the garage and outside speakers can play the audio that is routed this way.

mikz86ta
08-27-2017, 03:02 PM
Set soundbar to AUX on mine and the radio plays thru it. That gives you radio inside cabin.
The garage and outside are are direct from the radios speaker outputs.

As far as TV, each one has their own speakers built in and use those only. The exception is the living room TV which u can use either internal TV speakers kr soundbar. Think mine is DIN on soundbar which is Digital Input...using the Optical Input.

Now for other options. My radio has a front USB input, AUX input on front and Bluetooth. In which you could use a PC, Phone, Music Player to Play music. Again, the radio plays out to garage and outside speakers as well as you can put the sandbar to AUX and play inside cabin.

Also you can connect direct to soundbar Bluetooth with devices and play.

Also, I got the Samsung remote APP which works well. U can use it as a spare remote for soundbar and it's a music player also.. I have a Samsung soundbar, not sure u do.
Samsung also has remote APPs for their TVs as well

mikz86ta
08-27-2017, 03:09 PM
Correct, I am not getting music from the Sony CD player on my soundbar and I tried all inputs. Maybe what I am overlooking is the Sony CD player will output the bluetooth audio also or is yours using the Aux input on the soundbar?
Sony radio does not output Bluetooth, just input.
On back there is a standard 'headphone Jack style'Aux Output and that cable goes to the Samsung soundbar Aux input.

twvette
08-27-2017, 03:28 PM
I have to try it again though because I wonder if the garage and outside speakers can play the audio that is routed this way.

I am sure no way to get sound to Sony CD Player unless use BT. There are no wired inputs on this low end media player, only basic outputs.

Just clicked Buy on an optical to bluetooth transmitter so will let everyone know how this works out. I should now be good to get music and satellite TV sound to all speakers with no major modifications.

mikz86ta
08-28-2017, 08:33 AM
What model Sony u got?

twvette
08-28-2017, 08:41 AM
It is a WX-GT90BT

Tinner12002
08-31-2017, 03:10 AM
I find it annoying that cant really listen to music through all speakers the Fuzion 420 has, never less play TV audio on the speakers. The "CD Player" runs my outside patio and garage speakers for music while the soundbar would be only source in living room and only for TV audio. Am always going in and out and around the rig so sure would be nice to have one source to be able to output to all. For this high end of a rig we should be past this issue by now.

It seems few "CD Players" don't have any digital outputs to hook up to the soundbar. My TV uses the HDMI port so easiest option would be digital optical/toslink. I really don't want a 1970's single aux channel input being used for "stereo" music even if it is just an RV.

What I have come up so far is to use an analog to digital audio converter connected to the pre-amp outputs of the CD Player. There are ones under $20. If it works that is fine but still no TV audio to the speakers at patio/garage.

Could upgrade to any stereo unit that has AV inputs. Would then need to purchase a similar digital to analog converter to make this work unless using the analog outputs from the satellite receiver or similar (which would be ok in my opinion).

Best and I think only option without additional converters is the Clarion VX807 or NX807 stereo. It has both an HDMI input and optical output. I don't think there are any others out there with both a digital input and output.

Sure seems its time someones come up with more of a home media type receiver that runs off 12V to allow the flexibility to have a lot of digital inputs/outputs along with speaker selections for flexibility. The few RV based ones I see still don't appear to have digital outputs for things like soundbars, but if implemented correctly really not necessary as then would not need a separate soundbar system.

You could take it to a GOOD audio store that specializes in auto/bus installations of high end stereo equipment and tell them what you want to do and they could get it lined out for you.

Tinner12002
08-31-2017, 03:16 AM
Sounds like I'll be upgrading my tvs and soundbar to Samsung since I already have the 350watt soundbar.

canesfan
08-31-2017, 06:24 AM
My Sony head unit plays through the soundbar, garage and outdoor speakers. My TV and/or DVD player plays through the TV speakers or the soundbar. I forget which inputs are which without being in front of it, but it sounds like something in yours isn't hooked up correctly, or at all.

lonewolftx
10-05-2017, 08:40 AM

I have same setup and you have turned on your outside & garage speakers by the switch’s at the control panel right? Everything else Said here mirrors my setup: DIN sound bar input for tv to play, AUX for radio to play thru sound bar, Bluetooth iPhone to radio to play music, Bluetooth iPhone to use phone call function, etc. I don’t like the dual sound issue from adjusting the radio for outside & garage speakers but the sound bar remote for that sound level. :banghead: PITA.

I’d also like to turn off the colors on the radio that lights up the entire rig all nite. :cool:

Dunerdude781
06-18-2018, 10:10 PM
Hey Guys, i know this thread is old but i recently purchased a fuzion 413 it was a bank repo, so all the tvs are gone and the sound bar. I bought a tv for it but would like to have the right sound bar since the brackets and everything is still there. So if anyone can tell me what make and model soundbar goes in a 2016 fuzion 413 or similar it would be appreciated. Also where does the soundbar gets it power? From the wall outlet? So it only works when the outlets are working?

Tinner12002
06-19-2018, 01:53 AM
Hey Guys, i know this thread is old but i recently purchased a fuzion 413 it was a bank repo, so all the tvs are gone and the sound bar. I bought a tv for it but would like to have the right sound bar since the brackets and everything is still there. So if anyone can tell me what make and model soundbar goes in a 2016 fuzion 413 or similar it would be appreciated. Also where does the soundbar gets it power? From the wall outlet? So it only works when the outlets are working?

If its like the one in mine its a 12v soundbar and they are a Connexx brand.
Possibly this model,
https://riverparkinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/SBS35Z4HD_PID.pdf

mikz86ta
06-19-2018, 06:47 AM
Our 2016 Fuzion 420 had a Samsung. It's a standard home type unit. HM-J550 was the model and is a 2.1 type. The newer HM-K550 is identical (maybe a even newer model by now) but is 3.1 type.
The sub woofer was hidden behind the walls of the understorage near the back of the water hook ups. I moved our sub inside behind the couch for easier access to reset and needed. The sub is wireless (except power)
The DVD/Blueray is Samsung as well and connected to soundbar via HDMI.
The Radio (car radio style) is Sony and connects to soundbar via AUX cable.
The TV is Samsung and connects to soundbar via Optical Digital Cable.

Both TV and Soundbar were plugged into 110v dual-gang wall outlet behind TV.
DVD/Blueray was plugged into a hidden outlet behind the fireplace. I was able to use that second hidden outlet for my Satellite receiver.

Hope this helps

Brentw
06-19-2018, 01:20 PM
Our 2016 Fuzion 420 had a Samsung. It's a standard home type unit. HM-J550 was the model and is a 2.1 type. The newer HM-K550 is identical (maybe a even newer model by now) but is 3.1 type.
The sub woofer was hidden behind the walls of the understorage near the back of the water hook ups. I moved our sub inside behind the couch for easier access to reset and needed. The sub is wireless (except power)
The DVD/Blueray is Samsung as well and connected to soundbar via HDMI.
The Radio (car radio style) is Sony and connects to soundbar via AUX cable.
The TV is Samsung and connects to soundbar via Optical Digital Cable.

Both TV and Soundbar were plugged into 110v dual-gang wall outlet behind TV.
DVD/Blueray was plugged into a hidden outlet behind the fireplace. I was able to use that second hidden outlet for my Satellite receiver.

Hope this helps

2015 325 fuzion, same same. Haven't updated the sound bar and sub yet.

AbHDToyHauler
06-19-2018, 01:56 PM
I have the Fuzion 342 and same issue. Been thinking about this long and hard and easiest would be to add a low cost amp with HDMI . Then take all the outputs from all the devices and run them to the amp first. You could also put an HDMI splitter in and connect to all the tv's. Connect speakers to the amp and perhaps add some real speakers to the living room area then get a Harmony remote (which I am doing anyways cause all the remotes drive me crazy) and perhaps add a remote infra red device outside, in the bedroom and in the garage that lets the remote work everywhere and you would be good to go. I did something similar in my family room at home so I could have just my big screen tv and speakers in family room and all the rest of the equipment is in basement out of the way. Works perfect so far.