PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment System

micar
08-26-2017, 04:34 AM
Our recently purchased 2017 333MKS had the entertainment system poached from the unit by the dealer after we purchased it, but before we pick it up in a couple of weeks.
Can anyone supply me with the name and model # of the unit. I think it was Furrion? but want to make sure it is replaced with the unit it came with.

chuckster57
08-26-2017, 04:53 AM
Get a copy of the "build sheet", it will have the VIN of the unit and it lists each appliance by model and serial number.

micar
08-26-2017, 05:05 AM
Thanks Chuck.
I have emailed the VIN to Keystone, but haven't received a reply yet.
Mike

chuckster57
08-26-2017, 05:13 AM
Look in your owners packet, it should be there too.

micar
08-26-2017, 05:56 AM
Don't have that yet, haven't picked up the trailer. Purchased the trailer August 17th, pick it up Sept 13th.
Probably not a big deal, we don't use it much anyway, but we were kinda pissed off that the radio was missing when we did our last walk thru.
Oh and the bed was completely separated from the slide!

Terry W.
08-26-2017, 09:59 AM
My build sheet was in one of the drawers

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

chuckster57
08-26-2017, 11:21 AM
Don't have that yet, haven't picked up the trailer. Purchased the trailer August 17th, pick it up Sept 13th.
Probably not a big deal, we don't use it much anyway, but we were kinda pissed off that the radio was missing when we did our last walk thru.
Oh and the bed was completely separated from the slide!
It's possible that they took yours to replace a bad radio in another unit under warranty, and have ordered the replacement to be installed on yours. Not uncommon in the RV world.

Pull Toy
08-26-2017, 01:38 PM
You might even wind up with an "UPGRADE"! Woohoo :)

Good Luck,

jonnyaiks
08-26-2017, 05:05 PM
Just don't accept delivery without them being there. Most sales managers in that situation make the promise to get the missing electronics to you later in order to complete delivery, then put you permanently at the bottom of their priority list.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

micar
08-26-2017, 05:54 PM
No radio, no deal, they already know that.
I understand that they may have needed the entertainment system for another trailer, but not taking it from a sold unit.
There are no other equivalent trailers on the dealer lot, thats why I am concerned we are not going to get the correct replacement.

chuckster57
08-26-2017, 06:16 PM
No radio, no deal, they already know that.
I understand that they may have needed the entertainment system for another trailer, but not taking it from a sold unit.
There are no other equivalent trailers on the dealer lot, thats why I am concerned we are not going to get the correct replacement.
I understand completely, and I would get a copy of the build sheet to verify correct component is installed. If you still don't have the correct unit by delivery, demand a "Due Bill" signed by the gen mgr. stating brand and model number and an expected date.

Pull Toy
08-27-2017, 04:34 AM
Hold out for a namebrand upgrade from a local source if you can. They all hook up the same, and the factory systems are usually c^ap anyhow. They source stuff from the lowest bidder.

Remind them that they stole your property when they removed your property from a "SOLD" unit! Make them comp you.

Good Luck,

micar
09-01-2017, 09:55 AM
Heard back from Keystone today. Original radio is Furrion DV 3200. Read some reviews on Amazon, lots of bad reviews.
Anyone here have the same system? and what do you think?

canesfan
09-01-2017, 10:37 AM
Be careful what you wish for. You may end up with something better than what was in there, so before you start "demanding" things I'd be nice and see what they plan to do/offer. Only then would I "demand" things if you aren't satisfied.

chuckster57
09-01-2017, 11:00 AM
I've seen that radio in a lot of different RV's. Can't say I've seen a high failure rate.

Rex1vt
09-01-2017, 02:03 PM
Before I saw this update I was thinking you are probably getting upset about a piece of crap but still not cool.

WaltBennett
09-01-2017, 03:52 PM
WTF????? Is this Camping World? I've known of no dealer doing something like that. Find a lawyer for crying out loud.

micar
09-01-2017, 07:00 PM
WTF????? Is this Camping World? I've known of no dealer doing something like that. Find a lawyer for crying out loud.
Lawyer? Seriously? and pay hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars for a $40 radio.
I just wanted to know what radio was in the rig, so I could make sure they put the equivalent back in.