PDA

View Full Version : Fridge question

Jetfixer03
08-24-2017, 06:22 PM
Rookie question. This seems like a problem, but I'd appreciate any comments. Off shore power, fridge in auto. The fridge seems to have a tough time lighting. It'll spark a few times, light for a second, and flame out. It will keep repeating that sequence, staying lit a bit longer each time, until finally, after about 20 cycles, it will stay lit. The whole process only takes less than a minute, just seems wrong to me. I'm still under warranty, just a hassle to take it in if it's "normal operation".

gearhead
08-24-2017, 06:54 PM
Whenever I turn the LP bottles on, I light the stove and run a burner for a minute. Purges the air out of the gas lines.

chuckster57
08-24-2017, 07:02 PM
Not normal if your propane tank(s) are full and turned on. It should light first try, but if your turning off the cylinders for travel, then you may have a leak. Turning off the propane, the pressure will bleed off after a period of time. How long is what we test for any signs of a leak.
I will turn the gas on, light the stove and once I have a steady flame I will shut off the burners. Then using a manometer, I will test at one of the burners. RVIA standard is 0" drop in WC for 3 minutes. I like to test for 10 minutes. If you can afford a manometer, you can test yourself, and I can tell you the procedure. IF you have an LP leak it's nothing to play with and NO you can't always "smell" a leak.

Amazon has manometers, but I don't know if you want to invest in one for a single use. Obviously I use mine all the time so I have my own in my tool box at work. If your considering buying one this is the one I have

https://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Jacket-78060-Complete-Test/dp/B0016H12KS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1503630010&sr=8-5&keywords=manometer

Jetfixer03
08-24-2017, 07:02 PM
Good point, but it's not only the initial, it's every time. BTW, I never get a fault light.

ctbruce
08-25-2017, 02:40 AM
Something's not right. IIRC, it should only try to light 3 times before it quits as a safety feature. It sounds like it's time to take it in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk