PDA

View Full Version : RV Repair Club

SummitPond
08-24-2017, 05:16 AM
Got an email today from Keystone asking me to join up for free newsletters on repair and other tips. The link is http://go.rvrepairclub.com/A7930/

Caveat emptor: once you sign up with your email address you are offered an annual subscription (which I did not pursue). It'll be interesting to see what is provided for free, or if I'll get a continual bombardment of "please join the Premium Club".

fatcatzzz
08-24-2017, 05:44 AM
I signed up and so far the latter is true. Been getting at least two emails a day.

SummitPond
08-24-2017, 05:55 AM
I signed up and so far the latter is true. Been getting at least two emails a day.

That's too bad, but I guess it's the reason we have spam filters.

chuckster57
08-24-2017, 06:06 AM
From Keystone? Or RV repair club? I bet they got your email address from another source.

SummitPond
08-24-2017, 06:29 AM
It came from Keystone (unless they were spoofed). Here's the return email address: [email protected]

fatcatzzz
08-24-2017, 07:32 AM
I have got both. Two from [email protected] and the rest from [email protected]. Could be a spoof. Would not be the first time I was sent a bogus email. :facepalm:
ShacterShack: Yes, sure am glad I have a good spam filter. :)

bobbecky
08-24-2017, 10:58 AM
I also got the email from Keystone. I appeared to be genuine, but I just deleted it. I signed up for the repair club for a year a while back, as it was offered through Coach Net. I only kept it for a year and then dropped it. For someone new to these rigs, it is not a bad thing to have access to, but if you already do most of your own repairs and maintenance, the videos and repair/maintenance instructions are mostly worthless. I had no problem cancelling the service when I decided I no longer wanted it.

B-O-B'03
08-24-2017, 02:42 PM
I looked at the internet email headers of the message, without actually opening it and it came from exacttarget.com

Marked it as SPAM and went on about my day.

I rarely open email messages from senders I do not know and even some from those that I do, if they look hinky.

-Brian

chuckster57
08-24-2017, 02:55 PM
I looked at the internet email headers of the message, without actually opening it and it came from exacttarget.com

Marked it as SPAM and went on about my day.

I rarely open email messages from senders I do not know and even some from those that I do, if they look hinky.

-Brian

That's what I was wondering. Thanks for the info.

kawi23
08-24-2017, 05:34 PM
i also got it signed up for free then tried to watch video only showed part of it and said go premium to see rest worthless

MattHelm21
08-24-2017, 07:18 PM
I saw the keystonerv return address on the email myself but then noticed the URL for the product was rvrepairclub and figured it was a tactic to spoof keystone's name without any affiliation. I may be wrong about that but if the email was from KeystoneRV, I think there would be links to other KeystoneRV items in it. Deleted.

Cheryl
08-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Thanks I'll just delete it. Was wondering as well.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

SAABDOCTOR
08-25-2017, 05:36 AM
WE ALL HAVE THE BEST KEYSTON REPAIR CLUB AND IT'S FREE. THIS FORUM IS THE BEST PLACE FOR REPAIR HELP!:thewave: