PDA

View Full Version : Looking at Cougar 327RES

bpd528
08-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Hello all, just signed up. We are looking at the Cougar 327RES out here in Ca. We currently have a Rockwood TT being towed by a 2015 F250 6.7L. Wife and I are retired and looking forward to Mid-west to East coast trips, which is main reason for the upgrade. So any info regarding the 327RES (2018) will be appreciated, on my way over to the 5th wheel forum.

Thanks,
Alan

xrated
08-22-2017, 10:18 AM
Hello and welcome to or little piece of the interwebs. My suggestion to y'all for the very first thing you should check is the yellow/white payload sticker on the driver side door post. That will give you the payload capacity of YOUR truck. You didn't state whether or not it is a crew cab or 4x4 or ????, and the payload capacity varies greatly depending on how is equipped. The 5ver you are looking at has a loaded pin weight around 2400 lbs, based on the GVWR of the trailer.... 12,225 lbs. Add another 175 lbs or so for the hitch and you are very close to 2600 lbs. Now add your passenger, other cargo, tools, etc. and you could easily be at or over 3000 lbs. Does your F250 have that much payload capacity? It's impossible to say until you check the sticker that I mentioned above. This should give you a pretty good idea whether or not you have enough truck for that trailer. Keep us posted.