PDA

View Full Version : Cable hook ups?

Camping Pirate
08-21-2017, 01:07 PM
Can anyone tell me what the coaxial hook ups to the left are for? The right is my the in the living area. We do have space for a tv in the bed area, but it come like this and I'm not sure what it is for. Cable outlet is to far from house to camper to look. We have a 17 passport 3220BH. Thanks in advance.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170821/b77fbe04b6ab7c3de4d4d57cfa4d3b37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRTJH
08-21-2017, 04:49 PM
That is a "jumper cable" fitting. You remove that jumper cable if you need to install a converter, a de-scrambler or cable processor box. With some satellite systems, you can also use it to install your satellite TV converter box.

Camping Pirate
08-21-2017, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the info. So I'm guessing that I cannot hook my bedroom tv there and get cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRTJH
08-21-2017, 05:04 PM
If your bedroom TV is connected to the rooftop TV antenna and both TV's work with the booster switch on, then if you turn the booster switch off and have cable on the "main TV" you should also have cable on the bedroom TV. Possibly there is a different setup procedure for that TV. Change it to cable, run a channel search and it should work (assuming both TV's work with the rooftop, the connections are the same for cable)...