PDA

View Full Version : autoleveling

labman
08-20-2017, 05:39 PM
Wifey and I are on a shakedown with the new 5'er. It's a keystone sprinter and when I set up, the wheels are all off the ground. the site is level but the jacks lifted the camper up during the autoleveling process which I did 2 times with the same result. Is this normal?

chuckster57
08-20-2017, 05:55 PM
Normal. No worries, system is made to handle the load. We routinely lift trailers high enough to service the axles.

bsmith0404
08-21-2017, 03:59 AM
Yes and no. Did it lift all 4 off the ground or just one side? If it lifted one side, yes normal, the site may not be as level as you think. If it lifted all 4 that's not normal since it's not required to lift both sides that high for level.

ken56
08-21-2017, 05:08 AM
Just purchased a Laredo TT and it has the auto leveling system. I find mine is always nose low when done. I have to manually fine tune it and sometimes I have to abort the cycle when I get it to where I want it. A few times I have had one side off the ground but I could not use leveling pads to get reasonable level before I started the process. I find our trailer to be a lot more stable with this system as it removes the wiggle better than just stabilizer jacks. I like the system for the most part. Technology is great......when it works.

fatcatzzz
08-21-2017, 05:17 AM
Check your manual, there is a procedure to recalculate the level point.