PDA

View Full Version : Dee's RV Colorado Springs, Co

jdvier
06-09-2011, 05:22 AM
In Oct of 2010 we purchased a Montana 3400RL from Bish's rv in Pocatello, Id. May 28,2011 I took my unit to Dee's for some warrenty work, slide facia came loose, AC does not provide air into the bedroom and the buckle for the black and gray water drain arm came off. The facia was restapled. The AC was checked and I was told that the unit is doing all it can to move air. Add new unit to bedroom was the answer, about $900.00. Buckle repair, I was told by the technician take it back where you bought it. He did the same thing I did used a pair of pliers to grip the end and squeeze them closed. He refused to replace the strap.
The service manager supposedly ordered the strap over 6 weeks ago. Yesterday he told me that I needed to show him what I was talking about. I also ordered the glass tray for the microwave over 6 weeks ago and they still have not received it. Any bets that it was never ordered.
My advice do not do any business with this company. We will now take our unit to Denver for repairs.
God bless and happy trails.

SpiderCO
06-09-2011, 05:27 AM
Good info, jd. Thanks. The folks at Windish have been pretty helpful to me over the past year or so. Dave and the guys in the service dept. are good.

Take care

Johnnyfry
06-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Kind of sad, but true, dealers vary. Same with cars. There are good ones and if you find one it is worthwhile to stick with them, even if it is inconvenient.

They are all obligated by contract to support the product, but as others here have pointed out, some will shove you to the back of the line.

CORATTLER
06-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Dee's refused to do warranty work on my Montana. Told me to take it back to the dealer that I bought it from in Aurora. :mad:
When I contacted Keystone about this they simply referred me to Camping World in Fountain Colorado. I took my Montana there and the work was done right with no hassle. :D;)
Needless to say, I no longer do business with Dee's. :mad:

antiqfreq
06-29-2011, 04:07 AM
It is a shame when a dealer says he won't do work because his dealership didn't make the sale.

Lucky for us we have never had to return our fiver to any dealer but hopefully they would work on it.

A few 'words' might have been exchanged before I left their parking lot, sorry for your inconvenience!

Jo:(

Bob Landry
06-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Just curious if it was a "technician" that made the decision or a service advisor/manager. Dealership sales and service departments operate on their own P&L. it's difficult for me to understand how any service manager would walk away from money on the table, but I guess it happens. I took my Outback to a non-selling dealer for warranty work and had it back in a week. At any rate, I would have had a conversation with the GM at the dealership on my way out the door. I would have also asked for their RV Show schedule so that I could stand in front of their display and talk to everyone who even looked remotely interested in buying a trailer from them. I did that once with a car dealership. They couldn't jump through their collective asses fast enough to make me happy.

bruno4
07-01-2011, 06:49 PM
We bought our 2010 Keystone Cougar from Dee's. The unit is pretty much flawless with usual minor stuff we tweaked ourselves. They did one recall repair, good service. We are pleased with this dealer.

dramsey
10-14-2011, 04:11 PM
We purchased our first 5th wheel thru Dee's and our second with an out of state dealer due to price. Dee's also refused to work on our new 5th wheel. We went to Camping World and have been very happy with their customer service. Deisel is great at working with us and we will continue to give them our business for both 5th wheels.

JamesOscar
03-12-2013, 10:05 AM
There are a few things you need to watch for when dealing with Dee's RV.
First, and for reasons that are completely foreign to me, Dee's RV has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau in Colorado.

Pre-sales:

First, they are very accommodating and friendly and will bend over backwards to get your business.
Second, they have a pretty good selection to choose from and the prices are fair.
Third, if you are going to finance your RV do it through them. It will give you some leverage after the sale is over and they have your money. Trust me, you’re going to need it.

Post-sales:

If you need your RV or trailer repaired be sure and double-check the quality of the work performed. They will repair what you need repaired, but the quality of the repair can be substandard. If you did not buy your RV or trailer from them, don’t even bother calling.

If you need assistance with anything after the sale, it will be up to you to crack the whip on these people. They will not return calls (even when they tell you they will call you back), nor will they follow up on your requests. Sometimes it takes several phone calls from you, over a period of several days or weeks to get an answer to any but the simplest inquiry.

If you must contact Dee's RV for assistance, do not talk to Rich. First, he won't know anything. Second, he won't be able to find out anything. Third, he will not call you back or return phone calls. If you do speak with him, what he will do is make you feel like your inquiry is the most important thing on his agenda. He will also make as many excuses as is necessary to postpone giving information that is of any value to you. Here again, with Rich, you MUST take the initiative because he will not. By all means, ask for someone else.

If you do contact them document everything with date and time. Document all phone calls, everything that was said, and who you spoke with. If you live in a "single party consent" state (which most states are) consider recording the phone conversation that you have with them (as I did). Colorado IS a single consent state, so if you live in Colorado, break out the recorder.

The last, and probably the best advice I can give you is look elsewhere. There are way too many other RV dealers (and individuals) that you can buy from and not have to put up with the headaches associated with Dee's RV.

Good luck and happy RV'ing!

FireMech
03-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Great thread- I WAS going to use Dee's until this thread. Thanks!

SQLShaw
03-26-2013, 09:43 AM
I don't have anything bad to say about Dee's but I can tell you that I have first hand experience with Windish in Denver. http://www.windishrv.com/ This dealership and shop has gone above and beyond to help me time and time again.

Another great provider in the area is RV-Medics. http://www.rv-medic.com/