PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Window exit

Counciloak
08-17-2017, 06:53 PM
Today I opened the emergency exit frameless window (unlatching with great effort, but that isn't the problem) When I opened it all of the way as if to exit, the window fell off! It has a hinge at the top, but it really binds when I get to the last few inches to latch it. In the hinge are 2 sharp screws that seem to be in the way. Are they broken, or can I cut them off to close the window all of the way?

Thanks all.

Joe

chuckster57
08-17-2017, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

You have to hold the window up almost against the trailer and then as you try to close the window you have to lift up on the hinge. It's a PITA, but you shouldn't have to do anything with the screws, they hold it in the correct position side to side.

Counciloak
08-18-2017, 10:23 AM
After figuring out what PITA means, I experienced PITA! I gave up once and brought out a piece of plexiglass. I couldn't find the gorilla tape, so I tried one more time. Vuala! With the exact prescribed effort and technique, the magic is back!

Joe

Off to see the eclipse on Monday

chuckster57
08-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Glad you got it!! We are headed to see it too. Sister is in Salem, Or. gonna be there in the morning.