PDA

View Full Version : How do I drain my fresh water tank?

Dball
08-17-2017, 10:52 AM
2014 hideout 28BHS. I can't seem to find a drain for my fresh water tank. As of right now I'm using my electric pump to pressurize the lines and letting it drain through those drain lines.

I do have 1 small petcock that appears to be below my fresh water tank but when I turn it to where it should be open nothing drains out of it. Is this really it and its just clogged?

Thank you all and sorry for the newbie question.

CrazyCain
08-17-2017, 12:04 PM
That should be it, it may be plugged. My hideout 177LHS has a scew off cap right below my FWT... Do a search of the forums anyway and your sure to find your answer.. good luck

:popcorn:

MattHelm21
08-17-2017, 07:15 PM
It definitely could be plugged. See if you can find a thin rod, pipe cleaner or similar and poke it up there to dislodge the blockage. Critters will build a nest of some sort and cause it to become plugged. Happened to me.

bill-e
08-18-2017, 05:13 AM
On my last camper I got some algae and it clogged the petcock. Had to unplug it and clean and disinfect the tank.

bill-e
08-18-2017, 07:34 AM
Just another comment. On my old camper I unplugged it by blowing into the drain tube that came out the bottom of the camper. Popped the clog right out and the action of filling the tank and cleaning it broke it up and it all drained nicely. My drain was all crimp connected so it was easier to do what I did to unclog.

Dball
08-18-2017, 07:48 AM
Mine is also a crimp on. Not to mention it's a 90 degree fitting. I may try a little air befor I try to remove the fitting.

bill-e
08-18-2017, 08:18 AM
Mine is also a crimp on. Not to mention it's a 90 degree fitting. I may try a little air befor I try to remove the fitting.That's exactly what I had.