PDA

View Full Version : Saw this on another forum

14george
08-16-2017, 01:37 PM
[ATTACH]13717[/ATTrACH]
Would you try and hat

Rusty
08-16-2017, 01:57 PM
How the ......does he get it on there and off of there?

Does he have a cherry picker somewhere????

dwall
08-16-2017, 02:24 PM
And I was concerned I take too much fire wood in my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert185
08-16-2017, 03:29 PM
That suspiciously looks like it was photoshopped. Probably an effort to fire up the forum weight police.

Gegrad
08-16-2017, 03:38 PM
That suspiciously looks like it was photoshopped. Probably an effort to fire up the forum weight police.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing.

hankpage
08-16-2017, 03:57 PM
He added air bags so no problem. :whistling:

xrated
08-16-2017, 04:02 PM
No way that rig is overloaded. The boat/trailer is attached to the bed of the truck and then they put helium in the boat trailer tires. I wouldn't be surprised if he ain't got a half cord of firewood in the bed of the truck to help hold it down!

MattHelm21
08-16-2017, 04:09 PM
http://openrangervowners.forumco.com/pop_printer_friendly.asp?TOPIC_ID=1214

This is how its done. Not photoshopped.

sourdough
08-16-2017, 04:13 PM
No way that rig is overloaded. The boat/trailer is attached to the bed of the truck and then they put helium in the boat trailer tires. I wouldn't be surprised if he ain't got a half cord of firewood in the bed of the truck to help hold it down!

Hey! That's what I was thinking! I'm thinking I see those little purple valve stem caps meaning they're filled with helium so you're probably right. And, if you notice, in the place of one of the LP tanks there is a tank topped in orange - a refill helium tank and behind the rear tire of the truck is that......an anchor to keep it from rising???

Desert185
08-16-2017, 04:43 PM
http://openrangervowners.forumco.com/pop_printer_friendly.asp?TOPIC_ID=1214

This is how its done. Not photoshopped.

Looking at the posted pic it appears that there is nothing under the tire. I don't doubt it can't be done, but something looks missing in the pic.

MattHelm21
08-16-2017, 04:59 PM
I stand corrected. I should have posted that the link was one way that this was done. I still believe the picture is not photoshopped. Here is a zoom on the bed. It looks like a the frame of the trailer is clamped into a bed mounted apparatus which leaves the wheels, as you said, unsupported. I just admire the engineering that goes into something like this. I'm not sure how advisable it is to do it.

sourdough
08-16-2017, 05:25 PM
I stand corrected. I should have posted that the link was one way that this was done. I still believe the picture is not photoshopped. Here is a zoom on the bed. It looks like a the frame of the trailer is clamped into a bed mounted apparatus which leaves the wheels, as you said, unsupported. I just admire the engineering that goes into something like this. I'm not sure how advisable it is to do it.

No, I'm pretty sure the pic is not photoshopped. There is a complete substructure to support the boat. I imagine it is a wooden, homemade version of the support shown in the other post. Why? I don't know. Advisable? I doubt it.

RK1978
09-17-2017, 02:49 PM
Just saw this and it reminded me of something we saw out west (I believe Wyoming between YS and Jackson). It was a large coach type rig pulling a trailer with a boat on top and a Jeep below. We were headed north and they were going south, no chance to try to take a picture and could not see how it was set up to unload the boat. I'm not talking about a canoe or little fishing boat, it was 20 or so feet with I/O or outboard motor.

SteveC7010
09-17-2017, 03:32 PM
Just saw this and it reminded me of something we saw out west (I believe Wyoming between YS and Jackson). It was a large coach type rig pulling a trailer with a boat on top and a Jeep below. We were headed north and they were going south, no chance to try to take a picture and could not see how it was set up to unload the boat. I'm not talking about a canoe or little fishing boat, it was 20 or so feet with I/O or outboard motor.
We see that same rig (or one just like) every year up at Fich Creek Ponds in the Adirondacks. I keep forgetting to snap a pic or two. It's basically a double-deck car hauler. Uses winches to raise the upper deck up and down. Pretty slick idea.

Ken / Claudia
09-17-2017, 08:12 PM
I have seen what post #13 and #14 talk about. I checked one out a few years ago. What #14 said is what I noticed. It is a real heavy duty trailer. I described it as a shorten version of a auto hauler trailer.

SteveC7010
09-18-2017, 02:05 AM
I have seen what post #13 and #14 talk about. I checked one out a few years ago. What #14 said is what I noticed. It is a real heavy duty trailer. I described it as a shorten version of a auto hauler trailer.
Something like this one which even has the upper deck set up for a boat:

http://www.trailershopper.com/files/52874.jpg

Must be pretty cool watching someone launch or take a boat out with this rig!

Desert185
09-20-2017, 09:25 AM
I'm glad I'm not a boat guy.