PDA

View Full Version : Seemingly unstable

5J's
08-15-2017, 11:55 AM
The subject is in reference to my 5er not my wife or myself although........ I have a 2017 Hideout 36' 308BHDS and I've noticed that every movement in the trailer seems to move the whole trailer. Prior to this we used a 1999 model 25' Fleetwood Prowler 5er and the trailer was stable. The Hideout has the electric Jacks for the rear stabilizers whereas the Prowler had manual jacks. I curious if this is to be expected with the electric jacks? If so I'd seriously consider replacing them. Is this due to the length of the Hideout? If so I'd consider adding another set of jacks mid-ship. I'd prefer not to set up additional jacks for stability every time we roll in. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

chuckster57
08-15-2017, 11:59 AM
36' vs 25' is a big difference. Weight is another factor and I bet your Hideout is a bunch heavier.
Do you use any chocks on the wheels? X chocks may significantly reduce movement. I would also look into JT Strongarms.

rhagfo
08-15-2017, 12:29 PM
36' vs 25' is a big difference. Weight is another factor and I bet your Hideout is a bunch heavier.
Do you use any chocks on the wheels? X chocks may significantly reduce movement. I would also look into JT Strongarms.

I don't use X chocks, but installed a full set of JT Strong Arms and all I can say is we are rock solid!! Ours is a 32' 5er and we sit tall due to towing level with a 2001 Ram 2500 (not lifted).
I found a great deal at CW for $184 for the set. If you look you can find currently for about $225.