PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions in nwpa area

briyoung
08-15-2017, 02:31 AM
We want to start our camping adventures but have quickly found out reservations need to be made well in advance. I'm looking to see if anyone in the nwpa area has any recommendations as far as camp grounds. Not really a fan of the open field rv parking lot type camping, would like to have some trees with hook ups.

dwall
08-15-2017, 01:14 PM
Not sure about the nwpa area but here in Georgia we have always enjoyed staying in the state parks. They are always nice and well kept with hookups and for the most part reservations are usually easy to obtain. Good luck and happy camping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbos
08-15-2017, 03:23 PM
We stayed at the Erie PA KOA a couple of years ago and had a good time. We were along the right hand tree line as you come into the CG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

briyoung
08-20-2017, 09:46 AM
We stayed at the Erie PA KOA a couple of years ago and had a good time. We were along the right hand tree line as you come into the CG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looked there but booked solid for weeks,lol. We ended up finding a place called Rose Point near Grove City PA that's only an hour or so away. We've found tons of places to go that are within an hour or two drive.

canesfan
08-20-2017, 10:48 AM
It's the middle of Summer...well, actually the end of Summer. People are camping. You will find this to be the case in the Summer most places. Spring and Fall are easier times to go camping on a whim without making reservations weeks out. Summer mid week is also easier. Summer weekends I don't even bother to try. There's several good camping review sites out there that will help you find what you are looking for. then you just have to figure when you want to go and if you need reservations weeks out or not.

briyoung
08-22-2017, 09:39 AM
It's the middle of Summer...well, actually the end of Summer. People are camping. You will find this to be the case in the Summer most places. Spring and Fall are easier times to go camping on a whim without making reservations weeks out. Summer mid week is also easier. Summer weekends I don't even bother to try. There's several good camping review sites out there that will help you find what you are looking for. then you just have to figure when you want to go and if you need reservations weeks out or not.

I have found that there must be 8 billion people with RV's camping anywhere within 300 miles of my home town lol. Luckily we found a place that's only an hour or so away for our first trip, (Rose Point Park PA). As far as Labor Day...nowhere within 3 states and driving 3 hours had any sites available, luckily I can be flexible and go whenever so making a few 4 day tips til winter really hits.

Jackstraw
08-22-2017, 11:10 AM
Check out the Wellsboro area. There are a couple Campgrounds in the area.