PDA

View Full Version : Sold the Raptor, new brand in the drive

notanlines
08-13-2017, 03:05 AM
As I mentioned yesterday on another thread, Brenda and I sold the Raptor and bought a new Mobile Suites 5th wheel. We traveled Minnesota and Wisconsin looking mainly at Alpines, then upped the ante to looking at Solitudes. One thing led to another which led us to a friend who deals in Mobile Suites. It wasn't really a deal of a lifetime, but it certainly was very fair.
No, I don't plan on bailing out of this forum. I've hung around the forum over at DRV and it is dead as last years tax refund. Very few members and nothing controversial. :eek:
We have always been satisfied with the Raptor, but no theatre seating and very hard to have anyone over for an actual sit down dinner. We have a wide utility trailer we bought to tote the motorcycle so we will be triple towing from now on. If we get stopped in some non-accommodating state we'll just roll the bike off the trailer and tow the little trailer with the bike/sidecar down the road a piece until the nice highway patrolman goes away. :D
And, Danny, until my "potty liner" idea takes off, if you know of any beer tasting jobs open I could use a little part time work.

chuckster57
08-13-2017, 03:15 AM
Very nice!! Hope you have lots of happy trails.

ctbruce
08-13-2017, 03:33 AM
Jim, looks very nice indeed! Congrats and happy trails for the future. Glad you're sticking around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

CaptnJohn
08-13-2017, 06:58 AM
Beautiful. Looked at them before we bought the Montana and very impressed. Sadly, had just bought the F350 SRW and would have needed to trade on a dually. Best of luck!

Tbos
08-13-2017, 11:56 AM
Very nice looking rig. Enjoy it and let us know how it goes using it. What year and model is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sourdough
08-13-2017, 12:02 PM
As I mentioned yesterday on another thread, Brenda and I sold the Raptor and bought a new Mobile Suites 5th wheel. We traveled Minnesota and Wisconsin looking mainly at Alpines, then upped the ante to looking at Solitudes. One thing led to another which led us to a friend who deals in Mobile Suites. It wasn't really a deal of a lifetime, but it certainly was very fair.
No, I don't plan on bailing out of this forum. I've hung around the forum over at DRV and it is dead as last years tax refund. Very few members and nothing controversial. :eek:
We have always been satisfied with the Raptor, but no theatre seating and very hard to have anyone over for an actual sit down dinner. We have a wide utility trailer we bought to tote the motorcycle so we will be triple towing from now on. If we get stopped in some non-accommodating state we'll just roll the bike off the trailer and tow the little trailer with the bike/sidecar down the road a piece until the nice highway patrolman goes away. :D
And, Danny, until my "potty liner" idea takes off, if you know of any beer tasting jobs open I could use a little part time work.

That is a super nice rig! Glad you're going to hang around....always something "brewing" here:angel:

I have every confidence the "liner" thing is going to go over big....just don't forget us "little" guys out here when it does, and yes, I'll start looking for a beer tasting job; I'll be looking for 2 because I think I might want one too!!:D

bsmith0404
08-13-2017, 04:30 PM
Congrats. If you had been down this way I could have set you up with a very nice Luxe. Enjoy the new rig, they are nice indeed.

notanlines
08-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Tbos, it is a new 2017, but I don't remember the model number, maybe TSSA or something like that. About 40 feet or so. I'd like to be able to put the money back with our broker with my toilet liner invention but I think Danny in New Mexico is going to steal my idea and get it to market first.:eek:

pawpaw
08-17-2017, 11:44 AM
Great looking trailer...Congrats!!