PDA

View Full Version : Awning supports

RaptorDog
08-11-2017, 05:14 AM
I have had my top awning support pull out from wall of toyhauler. Used liquid nail to fill hole but it is not drying. Idea was to drill hole after liquid nails was dry and reattach. Not sure what to do next and am looking for solutions from those who have had similar issue. Thanks in advance for replys.

Ddubya
08-11-2017, 07:44 AM
I have had the same issue in the past. If you are working with fiberglass you will need to remove the liquid nails and and clean the hole with acetone. Make sure there is no liquid nails remaining in the hole. You need to drill the hole larger but if you do, start the drill in reverse to start. That will widen the hole without shattering the gel cote. Then drill the hole as normal making it a little larger than the original hole.
To repair you should use epoxy mixed with fiberglass mat. Any auto parts place should have both. Cut the fiberglass mat into small pieces and mix with the epoxy. Put the mixture in the hole making sure to force all of the air out. Let dry and then drill a pilot hole for the screw.

Harreec
08-12-2017, 03:50 AM
I second that repair method Ddubya