PDA

View Full Version : 250URS roof issue brand new at dealer

madmaxmutt
08-09-2017, 05:52 PM
The dealer had the trailer shipped up here. 2017 so, it is one of a few remaining that we might get this kind of deal on. We went to purchase and it has dip in the arched roof. I would guess 1/2" +/- or a little more down from what is clearly a luan seam (under the rubber) and the next support. The luan seam appears a little high and pointy compared to all the others. This is covering an area across about 3 feet front to rear between where I guess the supports are running. There are also a few rubbed spots within this area that look like something with rubber feet was up there pressing on it.

One of the service guys said it looks normal. It doesn't. I climbed a few ladders and looked at other roofs that all seem straight as I would expect. None had high or low points like this roof.

1. Live with it. No
2. Take it home, and hope the warranty will cover it. Not wanting to take that risk.
3. Drop the deal. Don't want to because we like it and the deal otherwise.
4. Allow the dealer to request warranty repair and see what they say before we buy. Seems like our best option, BUT not sure if it will ever be the same.

I have had a roof replaced before, but I am not sure I should do this for a brand new trailer. I am not sure the "deal" is as great as it seemed before we saw this.

Thoughts?

CrazyCain
08-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Run............:eek:

JRTJH
08-09-2017, 06:11 PM
If you're not happy now, you won't be happy if they fix it and it happens one month out of warranty......

Do what makes you happy, not what saves you a little "green" that you wind up spending on repairs later on....

chuckster57
08-09-2017, 06:43 PM
If you're not happy now, you won't be happy if they fix it and it happens one month out of warranty......

Do what makes you happy, not what saves you a little "green" that you wind up spending on repairs later on....

Exactly!!!

bill-e
08-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Agree with others...walk away!

sourdough
08-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Why buy an known problem on a new trailer??? Dump it and find what you want. Trying to save bucks and being willing to take junk is just poor decision making.

madmaxmutt
08-18-2017, 07:19 PM
A brand new 2018 Outback 250URS is on it's way to Denver for us.

chuckster57
08-18-2017, 08:25 PM
Hope the new one passes inspection.

TLB
08-19-2017, 04:38 AM
Run away from the deal. You would not buy a new truck with the roof caved in would you?

madmaxmutt
08-19-2017, 04:42 AM
Run away from the deal. You would not buy a new truck with the roof caved in would you?Already did, see post #7 :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk