PDA

View Full Version : Speaker falling out

linux3
08-08-2017, 11:29 AM
I have 2 round speakers in the ceiling above the radio.
One speaker is coming lose and hanging down just a tad.
It's hanging down maybe 1/4 inch. That's enough that when I open a wall door it hits the speaker so it's getting worse. I don't see how to reattach a pulling out screw. I can't see any way to remove the speaker grill to get at the mounting hardware.

Suggestions?

slow
08-08-2017, 12:02 PM
If the speaker is the same as in our 23RB (which it probably is), The speaker grill/cover is removed by rotating and then prying it off to gain access to the mounting screws under the grill/cover.

Dave W
08-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Loosen and remove all 3-4 mounting screws in the ceiling and rotate the entire assembly a few degrees and screw back in. You will need an extra pair of hands to do that easily. Also, make sure that it isn't just a grill coming loose. Some screw on, some are friction or snap tab fit and others twist in a couple slots.

linux3
08-08-2017, 12:19 PM
If the speaker is the same as in our 23RB (which it probably is), The speaker grill/cover is removed by rotating and then prying it off to gain access to the mounting screws under the grill/cover.

You win the prize. Just so except I didn't have to pry it off. Rotate and fall off. lol

I tightened the 6 screws but they don't anchor into much of anything.

chuckster57
08-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Factory uses drivers to assemble not hand tools so it's common for the screws to be overtightened.

slow
08-08-2017, 01:47 PM
As Dave noted, remove all screws, rotate the speaker a few degrees and install screws into the ceiling panel using a hand screw driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk