PDA

View Full Version : Water hook-up issue causing black water overflow

REM
08-05-2017, 01:32 PM
The water hookup on my fifth wheel, toy hauler, Fusion 371 is very confusing. I hooked it up what must be incorrectly and the Blackwater overflowed into the trailer. What a huge mess! It is difficult to tell which one is the city water hookup. Can someone please clarify? I'm also open too learning what I did wrong to make the black water back up like that.

MattHelm21
08-05-2017, 01:36 PM
The middle one below the open cap in your picture is the city water inlet. If you hooked to the bottom connector, you would have been adding water through the black tank flush and this could overflow into the RV.

MattHelm21
08-05-2017, 01:40 PM
You may also want to note that your water heater bypass switch is on. This is the top switch next the the winterizing inlet and will prevent your hot water heater from filling in that position.

MattE303
08-05-2017, 01:54 PM
Wow, the labeling and layout on yours is even worse than mine! The 3 water hookups from top to bottom are: winterizing (for sucking antifreeze into the system), city water/fresh water fill, and black tank flush. Like Matt said, the middle is the one you want. Sounds like you hooked up to the black tank flush (bottom), that one is meant to be used when you have the black tank drain valve open, it flushes the walls of the black tank to clean them, you hooked it up with the valve closed and it filled the black tank.

REM
08-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Thanks everyone. The labeling is confusing. No where does it tell you that outlet is a Blackwater flush. It should be marked as such.

Javi
08-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Thanks everyone. The labeling is confusing. No where does it tell you that outlet is a Blackwater flush. It should be marked as such.Look at the warning label directly above the connection...

Javi

MattE303
08-05-2017, 04:18 PM
Look at the warning label directly above the connection...

Javi
true, but the switch for city water/fresh water fill is right next to the black tank flush hookup, I can see how the OP got confused! The labeling on these things sucks!!!

JRTJH
08-05-2017, 04:46 PM
true, but the switch for city water/fresh water fill is right next to the black tank flush hookup, I can see how the OP got confused! The labeling on these things sucks!!!

The labeling does leave much to be desired. That's one reason it's always advisable to pay attention to what you're doing, especially if you're unsure... Not much is "worse" than connecting a hose, walking away and not knowing what is actually happening to your investment. "Best guess" isn't always the "best way".....

bobbecky
08-05-2017, 04:51 PM
The picture is a line diagram I did for the plumbing behind my convenience center, which is the same as yours. It is how everything is plumbed when looking at the back of the convenience center.

MattE303
08-06-2017, 07:16 AM
The labeling does leave much to be desired. That's one reason it's always advisable to pay attention to what you're doing, especially if you're unsure... Not much is "worse" than connecting a hose, walking away and not knowing what is actually happening to your investment. "Best guess" isn't always the "best way".....

Definitely can't argue with that!