PDA

View Full Version : Flushing Black Water Tank on Premier 19FBPR

TheGriz
08-05-2017, 11:21 AM
Hello again folks. When I picked up my 2017 Premier a couple weeks ago, the dealer explained the procedure to flush the black water tank on my 19FBPR Premier. But honestly I was suffering from overload with all the info the dealer was flooding me with. :confused:

I do recall something about when I hook up the water hose to the flush port on back exterior wall of TT, to open "something" up so as not to blow out/damage the plumbing, and create a heck of a mess. :eek: Hopefully someone can help me out with the details of this procedure.

Many thanks,
Mike

Eastham
08-05-2017, 12:07 PM
He told us to never use the black tank flush with the black tank dump valve closed

Javi
08-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Hello again folks. When I picked up my 2017 Premier a couple weeks ago, the dealer explained the procedure to flush the black water tank on my 19FBPR Premier. But honestly I was suffering from overload with all the info the dealer was flooding me with. :confused:

I do recall something about when I hook up the water hose to the flush port on back exterior wall of TT, to open "something" up so as not to blow out/damage the plumbing, and create a heck of a mess. :eek: Hopefully someone can help me out with the details of this procedure.

Many thanks,
Mike

1... Use a pressure regulator set to no more than 40psi....

2... Either open the dump valve or time the flow so as not to completely fill the tank.. Bad things can happen if you over fill the tank under pressure...

3.... While running the flush system check under the cabinet in the bathroom for the anti-syphon valve, it isn't when it will leak... it is when will it leak... See photo..

BethH
08-05-2017, 12:52 PM
If you are in a full hook up site, after dumping tanks open the black tank valve and hook up the black flush and let it run for 10 minutes or longer. You will be surprised by the stuff that keeps coming out!!! Please don't do this at a dump station when fellow campers are waiting to dump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SummitPond
08-05-2017, 05:11 PM
3.... While running the flush system check under the cabinet in the bathroom for the anti-syphon valve, it isn't when it will leak... it is when will it leak... See photo..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SummitPond
08-05-2017, 05:13 PM
3.... While running the flush system check under the cabinet in the bathroom for the anti-syphon valve, it isn't when it will leak... it is when will it leak...

For #3 above, it's in our 19FBPR's bathroom closet. It would have been better if Keystone left it under the sink!

TheGriz
08-06-2017, 05:57 AM
For #3 above, it's in our 19FBPR's bathroom closet. It would have been better if Keystone left it under the sink!

Why would it be better under the sink?

TheGriz
08-06-2017, 06:03 AM
And the brain trust comes through!!! I certainly would want to "mess" anything up on flushing the tank! Thanks all!!!!

SummitPond
08-06-2017, 06:11 AM
As Javi said, "...when it leaks..." I'd rather have the water somewhat contained rather than spray all over the clothes in the closet. As others have said in various posts, don't ask me how I know!

Javi
08-06-2017, 07:27 AM
And the brain trust comes through!!! I certainly would want to "mess" anything up on flushing the tank! Thanks all!!!!

There are several threads outlining various options to fix the problem...

My solution was to replace the plastic valve with two 90` fittings and then use a brass hose bib backflow preventer ( about $8 US) on the hose connection... No muss... no fuss...

Just remember.... use a pressure regulator set at no more than 45 psi....

TheGriz
08-06-2017, 07:59 AM
There are several threads outlining various options to fix the problem...

My solution was to replace the plastic valve with two 90` fittings and then use a brass hose bib backflow preventer ( about $8 US) on the hose connection... No muss... no fuss...

Just remember.... use a pressure regulator set at no more than 45 psi....

Excellent idea...Thanks!!!