PDA

View Full Version : Cracks in plastic shroud around wheel well

HappyCamperMN
08-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Whelp, I was afraid of that... coming back from our last trip out, I noticed what I thought was a bit of flapping in the wind on the plastic shroud that covers the wheel well on the driver's side of our unit. Turns out that the screw that secures the lower middle point of the shroud came lose and fell out. The plastic started to flex in the wind and we've got a few cracks.

There are probably 5 cracks in total, most near or around spots where there is a screw holding the shroud in place. Most are about an inch or so, with one being 2-3 inches. Any suggestions on glue / epoxy to repair the cracks? I was thinking to just pickup some Gorilla Epoxy to use.

I also need to pickup some screws to hold the lower middle piece in place so it doesn't flex in the wind any more.

slow
08-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Search the forum for "Slide Skirt Support Modification" for ideas how to resolve the issue for good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HappyCamperMN
08-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Search the forum for "Slide Skirt Support Modification" for ideas how to resolve the issue for good.

Assume you mean this thread -> slide skirt modification (http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25243&highlight=slide+skirt+modification)

Thanks for the quick reply! Definitely need that to fix the problem long term. For now I need to secure things to keep the damage from getting worse as we head out tomorrow for a couple days of R&R.

slow
08-05-2017, 12:44 PM
That is the one. In addition to the supports, many ideas on how to keep the screws from backing out.