PDA

View Full Version : Turn off step light 2016 Raptor

Raptor2016
08-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Hi, I've recently purchased a 2016 (mfd in 2015) Raptor 332ts and I cannot find the switch to turn off the amber light under (behind) the main entry steps. Keystone customer service was of no help on two occasions. I've tried every switch in the main control panel. I can't find a switch at floor level, in the pass thru storage, or near the light. I've tried every switch I can find everywhere on the trailer. There is no in-command system either.
Does anyone know how to turn off this light? I can always add my own switch but I'd rather find the original. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Mikesamoose
08-05-2017, 10:31 AM
The switch on my Sprinter is on the light fixture. There isn't one inside the coach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

notanlines
08-05-2017, 12:13 PM
Raptor, I don't know if this will help you any, but ours comes on with the patio light switch right under the TV on the main panel. Have you thought possibly that light is burned out?
(Edit: Sorry about my dumb comment about burned out)

Vastdavidson
08-06-2017, 11:01 AM
On our fuzion we had a light we couldn't turn off. It was the light above the door. Found out that the switch is a three way rocker. Up was white...down was amber and middle was off. Just a thought.

hdrolling
08-06-2017, 02:21 PM
On my 2015 raptor 332ts it's in the control panel under the Main TV, should say "porch" I believe. It turns on the white LED light that's outside above the door and the orange light under the stairs.

Harleydodge
08-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Ours is on the main panel under the TV as well, labled "Patio"

Raptor2016
08-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. hdrolling, I bet that is what mine is supposed to do also. My 'porch' switch only turns on/off the upper white light above the door but does nothing for the amber light behind the steps. It is constantly on and I hoped there was some obscure way to turn it off and on. It must have been wired wrong at the factory or the owner before me messed with it. Either way i pulled it out and added my own switch. Its not ideal reaching under to turn it on/off but it'll have to work. Thanks again for everyone's help.

JRTJH
08-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Raptor2016,

Just a WAG, but is there a magnetic or mechanical switch in the door frame? Something like a small plunger at the lower corner near the hinges for the entry door?

Racebug
08-08-2017, 11:43 AM
mine has a rocker switch under the in-command that says security light that turns in on and off.

mikz86ta
08-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Ours.
We have the security light that is 3 way. Off, Amber or White. It's above the door. What's messed up is that the inCommand allows you to turn it on but only White. And if u turn it on with the inCommand remote, you can't turn it off or change it to Amber with the wall switch.

The Step light has a separate switch on ours. The inside step light which is Blue on our 5th wheel comes on along with the outside entry step light.

Does not surprise me they may be different in other models

Racebug
08-09-2017, 04:45 AM
mine has a rocker switch under the in-command that says security light that turns in on and off.

nevermind, it is on the in-command...