PDA

View Full Version : Rear window shatter

fredbaro
08-02-2017, 10:56 AM
I have a 2012 avalanche 345tg with dual pane windows.Unit has been sitting for a year due to health problems and today noticed the inside pane on rear widow was shattered not sure if anyone else ever had this problem. Of course wanted to use unit in 2 weeks and was wondering if would still be safe to tow and use. Was thinking as window is 2 separate panes should not be a problem but would like to hear other peoples opinions. Thank You for your help

hankpage
08-02-2017, 11:20 AM
I do not know about your state but all trailers sold in New Jersey must have auto/safety glass. This is shown printed in one of the corners of each window.(just like your car or truck) I would imagine that only one layer of dual pane would have to comply.
If you applied any tint or had any reflective material on the inside of the window it can cause heat build up between the panes and have the effect you describe. I would not be concerned traveling with the current single pane but I might put a few pieces of tape across just to play it safe. http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1170 JM2¢, Hank