PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh Montana!

MTBlazer89
07-31-2017, 11:17 PM
Just got home from our longest trip yet with the TT. Headed over to western MT from western WA. Did a little boondocking for 5 days and it was grand! Kids and dogs enjoyed swimming and exploring the woods. Spent an afternoon shooting, and did a little fishing. It was our first dry trip so we kinda got to see how far our water and battery would go. I did end up picking up a generator (planned purchase) while we were there. Tax free in MT. Cabelas had the 3100/2800 on sale for $749 and I got a mil discount so I'm happy.

Here's a few pics. I'll upload more once I get them off the camera.

notanlines
08-01-2017, 01:04 AM
Looks like a great site you had! Good to hear about trips when things go so well.

Tbos
08-01-2017, 01:40 AM
Looks like it was a good trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hornet28
08-01-2017, 04:40 AM
Beautiful area. My youngest son lives just west of Kalispell

PARAPTOR
08-01-2017, 04:56 AM
Great Pictures !! Thanks

Looks like you are enjoying yourselves :dance:

Be Safe and Happy Camping ! :camping:

busterbrown
08-01-2017, 05:03 AM
Nice pics of your trailer "roughing it". Montana is a gorgeous state from what I'm told and it's on my list of travel destinations.

Yeah, those 3100 watt portable Champion gensets are nice to have on the boondocking trail. Affordable and worth their weight. Just wish they had a larger tank. My wireless remote model will last about 6-8 hours with a low to moderate load on it. 5 hours if running the A/C. Haven't used mine at any elevation yet.

Glad you enjoyed the trip.

MTBlazer89
08-01-2017, 06:59 AM
Beautiful area. My youngest son lives just west of Kalispell

That's in the area we stayed. I am originally from Libby.

Nice pics of your trailer "roughing it". Montana is a gorgeous state from what I'm told and it's on my list of travel destinations.

Yeah, those 3100 watt portable Champion gensets are nice to have on the boondocking trail. Affordable and worth their weight. Just wish they had a larger tank. My wireless remote model will last about 6-8 hours with a low to moderate load on it. 5 hours if running the A/C. Haven't used mine at any elevation yet.

Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Yeah I have been reading and researching a bunch. I was impressed how quiet it was. Started first pull out of the box. Only ran the A/C to verify it worked. Seems like it will be a very useful item to have.

Bolo4u
08-01-2017, 07:52 AM
We too just returned from our trip, most of which was spent in Montana, exploring the areas for possible relocation. Started in Columbia Falls (Kalispell area) down to Missoula, then Bozeman, then West Yellowstone. Beautiful areas, nice roads, relatively inexpensive diesel, clean air, gorgeous scenery... very nice trip.

hornet28
08-01-2017, 10:48 AM
That's in the area we stayed. I am originally from Libby.

Actually he lives on 2 just west of Kila. Where in that area were you?

MTBlazer89
08-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Actually he lives on 2 just west of Kila. Where in that area were you?

We were at Thompson lakes. About 30 miles west of Kila. Beautiful area! I retire from the military in 3 years and Kila is on my radar.

hornet28
08-01-2017, 04:43 PM
I've been by the Thompson Lakes several times. All around that end of Mt is beautiful in my eyes. I see your Navy. My son retired from the Navy in 2011 after 25 years. Be a coincidence if you'd served on the same ship at the same time.

MTBlazer89
08-02-2017, 07:02 AM
I've been by the Thompson Lakes several times. All around that end of Mt is beautiful in my eyes. I see your Navy. My son retired from the Navy in 2011 after 25 years. Be a coincidence if you'd served on the same ship at the same time.

Yeah that's the area I call home. I am Aviation so my ship time is scattered amongst carriers over the last 20 years I have done a "few". I did the 05, 07, 08 deployments on the Nimitz and the 2011 deployment on the Bush. I've done short trips on the Lincoln, Stennis, Vinson, and Regan. The rest of my deployments were land based in Afghanistan, Iraq, Italy, and Japan.

hornet28
08-02-2017, 02:32 PM
If I'm remembering correctly the only carrier he was on was the Kennedy. He was land based 3 times that I remember. Maryland, Qatar and Afghanistan. Afghanistan was with marines from Pendleton. The Magnificent Bastards of Headquarters Platoon, Weapons Company, Battalion Landing Team 2/4, 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit deployed 2009-2010. I'm sending you a pm.

notanlines
08-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Montana sounds like a real nice place to retire. Clean air, good roads, never snows.......it doesn't snow does it?:eek::D

mtlineman2010
08-06-2017, 10:50 AM
You guys don't wanna retire to Montartica ;) trust me, it'd be best to just stay away! Try Arizona or something lol

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk