PDA

View Full Version : 2012 raptor toy hauler - super newb

Blackbetty
07-27-2017, 11:21 PM
Bought a used keystone raptor hauler behind. 32'

Water heater - how do I start?
Gen/land?

Fridge - check light keeps coming on. Level..check!

What is the battery pull switch below fridge? If pushed in...what? If out?

Black tank - dump. Still reads full. Easiest way to sweep sludge?

Lastly, flooring weak in garage. Going to overlay with diamond metal and bring splash up. Is this weakness in garage area typical? High speed recs welcome.

Any recs or suggestion, nest advise welcome to us Virgin rv loves.

Thank u

HDG

ctbruce
07-28-2017, 03:10 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Glad you're here!
WH, make sure it has water first so the electric element doesn't burn up. Then you can turn on the electric switch inside on. You should also have another switch outside in the lower left corner of the WH. Top pushed in is off, bottom pushed in is on. It's opposite of what you would intuitively think.

For the fridge make sure gas tanks are open. Light the stove first to purge the lines. Then restart the fridge. It may take a couple of tries to get it going.

Battery switch in is off and disconnects most, not all, power from the battery. When off, your battery will not charge. Out is on.
Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

notanlines
07-28-2017, 04:26 AM
Blackbetty, congrat's on your purchase. You are up against a long learning curve and will enjoy most every minute of it. What he ^^^^ said, plus let me warn you about the diamond plate idea. Better you should repair the problem rather than add more weight to your unit and cover up the problem.

PARAPTOR
07-28-2017, 06:33 PM
:wlcm: to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your new to you Raptor !! Enjoy and :wlcm: to the TH Family !!

Not familiar with the M300 and on top of that the Keystone website is so slow like "Watching Paint Dry !!!" I will check later :banghead:

Be Safe and Happy Camping. :camping:

Tbos
07-29-2017, 06:34 AM
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Hope you get your issues worked out. Enjoy your new to you rig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk