PDA

View Full Version : 2400bh HW Gas Exhaust HOT on back panel

Kitesurfer
07-27-2017, 03:57 PM
New owner of a 2400BH. I noticed that the backside fiberglass was HOT/very HOT to the touch above the exhaust. I couldn't keep my hand on it. I didn't have an IR gun to see what the temperature was. Anyone have this issue or is this completely normal? It seemed to look fine when I opened up the black cover. For a temporary heat diversion, I placed some aluminum foil behind the black cover and diverted it away from the camper... completely normal then... but not optimal.

Ken / Claudia
07-27-2017, 04:27 PM
I think your talking about the exterior side wall. I have never touched sliding above the metal plate cover. But, I just used my IR gun on sun exposed siding it is 110f air temp is 75f. I know the metal cover gets dam hot at the exhaust area.

Kitesurfer
07-29-2017, 02:38 AM
Thanks. I should have stated the rear fiberglass siding above the exhaust port. I'm just surprised at how hot it got and it made me nervous that it wold warp or cause bonding issues in the future. Thanks.

chuckster57
07-29-2017, 04:04 AM
I've seen some discoloration on exterior walls, but those have been older units.

jsmith948
07-29-2017, 04:46 AM
Not certain - but- isn't that why the top portion of the metal trim plate for the furnace exhaust is bent out, away from the trailer wall? Seems it would act as a deflector - directing the heat out and away from the sidewall? Don't know for sure...don't know what other purpose it would serve. BTW, ours is a suburban.