PDA

View Full Version : Manual slide override

Boston Sophia
07-27-2017, 02:57 PM
We just purchased a 2014 Keystone Premier Bullet 19fbpr and want to know how to pull the slide in manually in case we haven't any power. My husband has gone on line, watched different videos but nothing seems to be specific to our trailer...anybody know how to do it? thanks for any input you can give us.

chuckster57
07-27-2017, 05:56 PM
Depends on what type of slide it is. If it's cable actuated then the over ride will be above the slide, in the center and you need a flexible shaft with a square drive bit. Most often you have to remove the top facia for access.

If your slide is electric, then you need to look underneath. One of the racks that the slide rides on will have a "ram" on it,That is the motor side. Now draw an imaginary line across the bottom about 3/4 the way across. You may have to cut an access panel, if you do just cut 3 sides and make it a flap. Look up inside and you should see the motor and gearbox. There should be a rod with a hex head to turn the gearbox.

Hope this helps!!

Boston Sophia
07-28-2017, 02:55 PM
thanks Chuck, we didn't have the flexible shaft but we got one today. Thanks for the information...

SummitPond
07-28-2017, 03:44 PM
Depends on what type of slide it is. If it's cable actuated then the over ride will be above the slide, in the center and you need a flexible shaft with a square drive bit. Most often you have to remove the top facia for access.

We have the 19FBPR also. As Chuckster said, you should have received the flexible shaft in a pouch or drawer (ours was in a drawer, and we got two) when you got the trailer - but as yours is used, who knows. Knock on wood, we've not had to use it in the 2 years 8 months we've had the trailer. There's also discussion in other posts (with photos) on this topic in the forum.

Boston Sophia
07-28-2017, 03:47 PM
thanks so much. Yes because we purchased our trailer used it was missing...we did get one today so we're all set. Hope we never have to use it.

TheGriz
08-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Hi folks. We are still getting to know our 2017 19FBPR as we just picked up a couple weeks ago. Does that fascia panel on top center of slideout (to manually move slider) pop off easily? I haven't done it yet. And when the dealer tried to pop off during the delivery demo, the panel was resistant to pop off. So the dealer didn't force it. Not looking to force it myself as I certainly don't want to break it.

Any insight on the ease/difficulty of fascia access panel removal appreciated!

Regards,
Mike

chuckster57
08-04-2017, 05:59 PM
The trim should be brad nailed in, behind that is the Facia board and it should be screwed in. The screws are square head #2 (Roberts head).

Boston Sophia
08-04-2017, 06:04 PM
thanks for the info.That is helpful....hopefully we never have to manually close it. thanks again.

TheGriz
08-04-2017, 08:15 PM
The trim should be brad nailed in, behind that is the Facia board and it should be screwed in. The screws are square head #2 (Roberts head).

Geez! So one has to pop off the trim that is held on by brads.:facepalm: I guess then I won't remove unless I have a definite need to manually retract the slide.