PDA

View Full Version : Which Direct TV receiver for Winegard Satellite?

bschwarz02
07-25-2017, 06:57 AM
I just realized I have a Wineguard Satellite system on top of my camper, I have DirectTV home service. Which receiver should I get to from Direct TV, I am not interested in getting HD quality, just want something for the kids to watch on rainy days. Thank you for you response!

chuckster57
07-25-2017, 07:12 AM
Which sat do you have? It must have been put on by P.O. Any standard def receiver will work. I take mine out of the bedroom at home so I'm not paying for another receiver.

bschwarz02
07-25-2017, 07:19 AM
I have the white dome, stationary. In the house i have 5 Genie Minis and one main box that runs through a router. DirectTV told me as long as I own the receiver, there is no monthly cost (didn't sound right)

chuckster57
07-25-2017, 07:48 AM
What they mean is as long as you use a receiver your already paying service for, it doesn't cost anything additional to use it in your RV.

I don't have your set up. I have a HD receiver with built in DVR in the family room and SD receiver in master bedroom. I just take the SD receiver with me camping.

I suppose you could take the main box, but you'll need to know the configuration for the wineguard. On mine it's 3LNB (18x20).

mfifield01
07-27-2017, 09:01 AM
I'm not sure of your exact setup, but I purchased this: http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=h24

It can run SD TV on my King Quest in the RV and then HD TV at home. I use it as a third receiver at home. My main is a genie and second is a mini genie.