PDA

View Full Version : Cleaned Up and Detailed.....WOW!

xrated
07-23-2017, 03:02 PM
The guy that I work with everyday has started detailing cars/trucks kind of as a hobby/side job and after seeing the transformation of his Nissan Titan truck, I decided to have him do my new to me 2016 Dually. Here are a few pics. I took this afternoon after he called me and said it was done and I went to pick it up...

http://i.imgur.com/6obsrME.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UpY23j4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/G7Tn7II.jpg

This one, amazes me at how it's almost like a Black mirror....
http://i.imgur.com/PMgxJQT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SDzzgTr.jpg

JRTJH
07-23-2017, 03:18 PM
So if we see "shiny black superduty dually" swerving from lane to lane on the interstate, it may not be a "drunken sailor" but might be you "dodging love bugs".... That detail job really makes your truck look great.

xrated
07-23-2017, 03:35 PM
So if we see "shiny black superduty dually" swerving from lane to lane on the interstate, it may not be a "drunken sailor" but might be you "dodging love bugs".... That detail job really makes your truck look great.

LOL, Thanks John, that would be me. I thinking about cancelling my trackday this coming weekend..........there is a .749815% chance of rain on one of the days! :D

Tbos
07-23-2017, 03:39 PM
That truck looks really sweet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sourdough
07-23-2017, 04:50 PM
Your guy did a great job ! When you're dodging those bugs don't get blinded by the reflection from that mirror like finish!

notanlines
07-23-2017, 05:35 PM
Everyone should own a black vehicle one time in their life. Mine was a '64 Corvette Coupe. That thing could get dirty just sitting in the garage overnight.

theallde
07-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Looks great !!!!!

My Shelby mustang is black to which I learned that black is NOT a color but an occupation to keep clean.

Don

B-O-B'03
07-23-2017, 09:05 PM
Looks great !!!!!

My Shelby mustang is black to which I learned that black is NOT a color but an occupation to keep clean.

Don

+1

My 2003 Cobra is a black convertible, nothing looks as good a a clean black car and nothing is as rare... as mentioned above, it gets dirty in the garage, with the door closed :banghead:

The truck looks amazing!

-Brian

xrated
07-23-2017, 11:47 PM
Thank you guys.....I was certainly impressed with his work!

Ductape
07-24-2017, 07:34 AM
Truck looks great ! For the times you want to give it a once-over yourself, try the Turtlewax product called 'Jet Black'. It was recommended to my by another guy with a black truck. The wax itself is colored, and I assume this is what really hides those tiny scratches you get in places you touch with your hands like around door handles, tailgate, etc. I'm totally impressed with the wax for the $20 I spent. I will see if I can find a decent pic of my 16 year old Excursion after I washed and waxed it at home.

Now I'm not saying it is as good as a pro cleaning, but I can't get over how good my ole truck looks vs. using the waxes I had used in the past.

I do agree keeping a black vehicle clean is a full time job.... but WOW, when they are clean !!!! :)

(pic added)

Goose
07-24-2017, 09:48 AM
Looks great. It's always hard to find the time to keep the truck and camper clean like this. Good you have someone you can trust and who does great work.

JimQ
07-24-2017, 02:43 PM
Now that's a truck! Awesome!

xrated
07-24-2017, 03:08 PM
Everyone should own a black vehicle one time in their life. Mine was a '64 Corvette Coupe. That thing could get dirty just sitting in the garage overnight.

It's a sickness man. My F150 Crew Cab was black, then my F250 Crew Cab was black, now the F350 Crew Cab is black. I've had several black motorcycles and my work car, a Honda Civic is..........yep, black.
When I met my wife back in 2006, she was driving an Explorer Sportrack.....black. Then she had a Mustang Convertible.....black. I don't know, there is just something about a black vehicle that has my attention. :banghead:

pawpaw
08-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Looks like he did a great job...is it still clean? Too hot and too much rain and mud down here for a black truck. Can't beat the look when they're clean!

Desert185
08-05-2017, 06:33 AM
It's a sickness man. My F150 Crew Cab was black, then my F250 Crew Cab was black, now the F350 Crew Cab is black. I've had several black motorcycles and my work car, a Honda Civic is..........yep, black.
When I met my wife back in 2006, she was driving an Explorer Sportrack.....black. Then she had a Mustang Convertible.....black. I don't know, there is just something about a black vehicle that has my attention. :banghead:

I had a black car when I lived in Napa. The environment was city-fied and the black fit. Like my suburban lawn and manicured yard, the sporty foreign car always looked good. These days, I live in the country on a dirt road that turns to mud when it rains or the snow melts. Black not good. Its a Dodge truck...so it can handle the dirt. :lol:

Black is shore purty, though.

xrated
08-06-2017, 02:36 PM
I had a black car when I lived in Napa. The environment was city-fied and the black fit. Like my suburban lawn and manicured yard, the sporty foreign car always looked good. These days, I live in the country on a dirt road that turns to mud when it rains or the snow melts. Black not good. Its a Dodge truck...so it can handle the dirt. :lol:

Black is shore purty, though.

We live out in the country, and all but the last road to the house is paved....and it's gravel and only about 200' off of the main hardroad. My wife, it seems, has now switched over to a very dark gray....a metallic platinum gray. She just bought a Santa Fe' and so she has broken the "Black" cycle at our house......."Traitor"! :D