PDA

View Full Version : Norcold Fridge

Chevrolise
07-23-2017, 07:11 AM
I have a 2016 Fuzion 325 with a double door fridge. The pic is of the left door open. what are those pins on the left for? They are spring loaded. I can tell they make contact with those pieces on the right. It appears I'm missing one. Same deal on the right side door. Two are missing from it. It doesn't effect the lights going on and off. The digital controls appear to be working fine. Can't say how long its been this way.

Tom N OH
07-23-2017, 08:18 AM
Those are for a door heater that keeps condensation from forming on the outside of the door. If you had a water & ice dispenser in the door, they would also provide the power that makes it work. I'm guessing yours doesn't have the dispenser since not all of the available spaces are used.

JRTJH
07-23-2017, 08:44 AM
Download this manual: http://rvrefrigeratorrepair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Norcold-Service-1210

Go to page 50 and read the information about the "spring pins". Apparently they activate the door seal heat circuits which keep the doors from sweating.

There are some "CAUTIONS" posted on the pages after that (51, 52) that describe what "NOT TO DO" so read through that section before you start "fiddling".....

Chevrolise
07-23-2017, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the link that explains what they're for. Twice (about a year apart) the fridge has just stopped cooling, freezer and fresh food. But power remains on, lights, control panel are still powered up. Both times I turn power off for day or so, and it fires right up. Try and explain that to the dealer.