PDA

View Full Version : RV Insurance Add On Roadside Service Opinions

canesfan
07-22-2017, 08:05 AM
So instead of burying this to my Insurance thread (http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29611) I thought it would be better for it to have its own. I'm leaning toward Progressive stand alone RV policy at the moment (you can read why in the thread above) since I don't have the time to research all my options to change all my vehicles, house, etc. So if I get Progressive for a year to tide me over, they don't seem to have an actual "roadside service". They offer "towing and labor" as an option which pays up to $500 for roadside service, but then you have to find your own roadside service, pay, and be reimbursed. I had Coachnet roadside service included with my last RV insurance plan, and I really liked them. I'd probably just buy a stand alone service plan from them, though it was included in my last plan, which was a great deal. Those of you who have Progressive, Geico, AARP/Hartford, etc, what do you think of their roadside service plans, if they offer them? I'm not interested in Good Sam opinions. I had them before and each time I tried to use them they totally failed. I'm really looking for opinions of actual RV Insurance plans that also offer roadside assistance. Thanks for the input!

Tbos
07-22-2017, 06:36 PM
Geico won't provide roadside service on my dually. They do cover the TT. Last year we had a blowout on I-81 near natural bridge. We called Geico and they found us a wrecker service to change tire. However they would not have arrived for over an an hour. The State police needed us off the highway in less than 20 min. They called the Highway assistance/safety folks and they showed up in a few minutes with their big yellow flashing sign and tools. We were back on the road very quickly. Unfortunately the tire I had for a spare by that time of day had been damaged earlier in the day. We proceeded to find a places we could get a new tire and a new spare. Bottom line Geico was helpful but because of our location they weren't quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

canesfan
07-23-2017, 06:12 AM
ECK!!! I-81 is no fun even when you're not stuck on the side of the road. I know that stretch all too well. My daughter had a flat in that area a few years ago on a Sunday night on her way back to school. Luckily the road service guy "just happened to know" a tire shop guy not far up the road and got him to open up and replace all 4 tires on her car. They were all dry rotted. It was either that or drop her off at Wmart til the morning and find her a motel for the night.

Tom, thanks. Is roadside service included with your insurance, or is it an add on? I've got so many different plans I'm looking at I'm getting lost as to who offers what and how.

Tbos
07-23-2017, 10:28 AM
ECK!!! I-81 is no fun even when you're not stuck on the side of the road. I know that stretch all too well. My daughter had a flat in that area a few years ago on a Sunday night on her way back to school. Luckily the road service guy "just happened to know" a tire shop guy not far up the road and got him to open up and replace all 4 tires on her car. They were all dry rotted. It was either that or drop her off at Wmart til the morning and find her a motel for the night.

Tom, thanks. Is roadside service included with your insurance, or is it an add on? I've got so many different plans I'm looking at I'm getting lost as to who offers what and how.

It is included as part of my Geico insurance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk