PDA

View Full Version : Oh crud... Hope I didn't mess up. Used duck tape

msubobcats
07-14-2017, 08:03 AM
Used that to put plastic over the broken window. Any fairly simple ways to remove it...
Right now am using vegetable oil...
Love auto correct. Changed duct to duck...

Desert185
07-14-2017, 08:13 AM
Heat gun or hair dryer, and then Goo Gone to remove the residue...if I understand your question properly.

xrated
07-14-2017, 09:04 AM
There is a product called Goo-Gone that does a pretty good job removing stuff like that too.

msubobcats
07-14-2017, 09:41 AM
Probably jumped the gun on the question. Sort of said on crud before stepping back to really look at the issue. I did use vegetable oil and it did eventually clean up. Took a bit...
Now waiting for Patti to get back from the store so she can hold the window in and I can drill in the self tapping screws...
QUESTION: Should I use a sealant on the " bracket" that holds the roll out smoked glass? It is at the top of the window...I
Thanks

Desert185
07-14-2017, 11:31 AM
There is a product called Goo-Gone that does a pretty good job removing stuff like that too.

Goo Gone is what I meant to say. Edited and corrected...

msubobcats
07-14-2017, 11:54 AM
I may check out that goo gone and just keep some on hand.

chuckster57
07-14-2017, 11:55 AM
We use it for a lot of different tasks. It's basically orange oil so it's natural and even smells good.

JRTJH
07-14-2017, 01:12 PM
I use Goo Gone frequently. Like Chuckster said, it's basically "orange oil". There is a warning on the DICOR site not to use citrus based products on the TPO or EPDM roofing material. I've never had the need to try, so I don't know if it would damage the roof membrane or not, but something to consider. Elsewhere on the RV, it's a great "crud remover".

Pull Toy
07-14-2017, 02:24 PM
Goof-Off is another slightly stronger similar product. WD-40 will also work on some issues. As a last resort Lighter Fluid or Charcoal Starter Fluid, but be careful around decals, and matte paint! It might be a good idea to try a small inconspicuous area first. Apply to cloth and rub, not directly to camper.

WD-40 also makes quick work of smaller gray streaks. Spray on a paper towel, and wipe.

Good Luck!