PDA

View Full Version : Everest battery melted fuse

Astroinfidel
07-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Hi from Dawson City, Yukon. I am currenting touring, and recently I found that the battery won't charge when plugged into shore power. A bit of research led me to this melted fuse on a lead near the battery. I assume this is coming from the converter, and is why the battery is not charging. My question is, does anyone know if this 30 amp fuse is the proper one? Or did a lower than necessary fuse end up being used by the previous owner? Thanks for any help.

Dean

chuckster57
07-13-2017, 05:54 PM
I've seen 30 and 40 amp fuses used in that position. You'll probably be ok using a 40 amp. I would try to determine why the 30 amp fuse melted.

Astroinfidel
07-14-2017, 07:30 AM
Thanks Chuckster,
Replacing the fuse didn't help. I'll try to locate the converter and check it's connections and fuses.
Dean

PARAPTOR
07-14-2017, 08:29 AM
If you have a Battery Disconnect Switch make sure it is in the ON position so the converter/rig power distribution panel has access to your Battery

Racebug
07-14-2017, 09:48 AM
make sure all of your connections are clean and tight!

Astroinfidel
07-16-2017, 08:47 PM
Bettery is connected and all connections seem tight and corrosion free in the battery compartment. I will locate the converter tomorrow and check fuses. And yes, I will also try to figure out why it melted in the first place.

Dean