PDA

View Full Version : slide out leak

gbsb
07-12-2017, 09:42 PM
I have a 2010 Fuzion 383 Toy Hauler. I had a leak on the bed room slide. I started to pull the slide in and the pump ran but the slide did not move. I checked and I had a leak from some where and the floor was rotted out and the bracket pulled out that pulls the slide in. I took the bed out and replaced the floor of the slide with marine plywood instead of OSB. I still have a leak I can not find. the ceiling over the bed is bad and I have bad carpet I have closed up the unit and it is in storage. No leak closed up I hope. how do you find a small water leak, I have looked when it was raining and the front corner of the floor gets wet but can not tell where it is coming from. Tried a water hose but could not find leak. Side seals are good top seal is good. I do not have a way to remove the slide to work on it or the money to take it to a shop. Any suggestions would help.

RVdawg
07-18-2017, 04:04 AM
I had a 2013 Fuzion 342 that had a water leak in bedroom slide as well. I chased it for a while and then figured out it was the window in the slide. I resealed it and the leak disappeared. Good Luck

Hoopy Frood
07-21-2019, 12:54 PM
The leak in my Fuzion 383 was from the seam outside on the bedroom slide. The caulking was improperly applied, and you could only tell it from very close examination. The caulking had not adhered to the lower outside siding, it only looked like it. That allowed water to run down the inside of the wall and seep into the floor. Eventually it destroys the floor enough to allow the slide attachment to pull loose from the floor.

Weekender 1
07-21-2019, 01:22 PM
Slide roofs leak on the inner or outer edge. I'd use eternabond tape over each set of screws on the inside and outside edges.
Then I'd recaulk the 2 sides where the slide rubber roof attaches to the wall sides. Then if I was worried it was in the middle, then I would buy Hengs rubber roof coating and do the roof.

ctbruce
07-21-2019, 04:05 PM
Use Eternabond tape judiciously.it is almost permanent and if you have to remove it later for a repair, well......