PDA

View Full Version : Saniflush?

andy-g
07-12-2017, 08:46 AM
I am new to Keystone trailers, we just got Passport 2520RLWE, and yesterday when leaving campground, I tried to use saniflush. Connected water hose, turned water on, and... nothing - water was bursting through the the thread on the trailer wall. The only label there says to open flush valve. I assume - it is the one under the bottom? Opened it.
What am I missing?!

JRTJH
07-12-2017, 09:16 AM
I am new to Keystone trailers, we just got Passport 2520RLWE, and yesterday when leaving campground, I tried to use saniflush. Connected water hose, turned water on, and... nothing - water was bursting through the the thread on the trailer wall. The only label there says to open flush valve. I assume - it is the one under the bottom? Opened it.
What am I missing?!

I've never seen water "burst through the thread on a trailer wall". Please explain what happened more fully. Thanks

andy-g
07-12-2017, 09:20 AM
When I turned on water (to flush) - water was leaking from the hose connector on the trailer wall. Not just small leak, but streams of water. And I see that nothing goes down to sewer hose (I have a clear elbow there to check).

It feels like that there should be some other valve somewhere?

Label on the wall says:

"Caution Do not use the tank flush valve unless the fullway termination valve is in the open position. May result in an unsanitary condition leading to illness or personal injury."
I assume - fullway termination valve - it is the pullout handle for the black tank? Well, it was pulled out, and tank was empty at that moment (just dumped it)

Tbos
07-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Sounds like you have a blockage right at the hose connection.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW

eds451
07-12-2017, 02:32 PM
The vacuum breaker/check valve may be plugged/shot. They are made of cheap plastic. I just replaced mine (no flow) with a check valve from a big box store. My valve was just behind the hose bib on the wall.

MattHelm21
07-12-2017, 03:28 PM
Can you check if there is a hose washer in the female trailer connector for the flush? I brought mine home and found when trying to winterize that there were no washers installed.

Johnny's Journey
07-12-2017, 05:23 PM
Subscribed because I have not used mine yet because of the many issues regarding this topic. I will be doing a full examination of the system before I even put a hose to it. And yes, as OP had asked and hasn't been answered. What exactly is Fullway Termination Valve ?

MattHelm21
07-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Fullway Termination Valve:

"A valve that when fully opened has a non-fouling passageway not less than the inside diameter of connected piping"

That is the black water dump valve. Some folks may have two of them.

sourdough
07-12-2017, 07:21 PM
What the OP may be referring to is what happened to us on our maiden voyage on our current trailer. When preparing to leave I went to use the black tank flush, hooked up the flush hose to the connection on the outside wall and all I got was water shooting out around the fixture the hose was screwed into. No water in the tank flush, just water all over me. Turned out to be a bad back flow preventer/vacuum break under the sink. If I understand your situation sounds like it might be the same thing.

andy-g
07-12-2017, 07:32 PM
What the OP may be referring to is what happened to us on our maiden voyage on our current trailer. When preparing to leave I went to use the black tank flush, hooked up the flush hose to the connection on the outside wall and all I got was water shooting out around the fixture the hose was screwed into. No water in the tank flush, just water all over me. Turned out to be a bad back flow preventer/vacuum break under the sink. If I understand your situation sounds like it might be the same thing.

Thats sounds exactly what we had! How did you fix it?

canesfan
07-13-2017, 05:50 AM
Three very good culprits have been identified:

1. Check valve behind screen in BT flush hose connection.

2. No washer in BT flush hose connection.

3. Defective anti siphon/vacuum breaker (may be up under bathroom sink or behind shower wall).

I think if it was #3 though that you would have water leaking from under the bathroom sink or behind the shower, not at the hose connection.

I don't have any of these problems (at the moment) and sometimes I still get water spraying out around the hose connection. They are cheap and finicky and unless you get them "just right" that can happen also.

I will also add #4. A bent/damaged end on your water hose.

dblanch57
07-13-2017, 08:43 AM
I would add #5 - Check valve installed backwards.