PDA

View Full Version : Slide out scraping on bottom

nmakarewicz
07-11-2017, 04:01 AM
Hi All,

I have a 2014 Passport Ultralite 2650BH and am experiencing the tearing and ripping of some of the "tarp" that is on the outside underside of the slide room. It is only in one specific section along the 3' width of the slide room. So it appears that something approximately 9 inches wide is rubbing on the slide room as it goes in and out. I have been searching the web and forums to try and understand if the slide has rollers or something else in that location that may be rubbing. I have read other posts on this forum about lifting the slide slightly from the outside to see better underneath the slide. I have tried those and was able to lift the slide a few inches but it really did not provide enough clearance underneath to be able to see what is going on. I guess for starters, does anyone know, or can they direct me on how to tell by design does this particularly trailer have rollers or slide bars under the slide and where they are located? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chuckster57
07-11-2017, 04:22 AM
Welcome to the forum!!

I would bet that you have a bar and not rollers. You can retract the slide about 1/4 of the way and have someone push the top out while you lay on the floor and look for any issues. The bar will be a few inches from the exterior wall and is screwed into the floor, maybe a screw has backed out?

slow
07-11-2017, 06:55 AM
FWIIW: The bottom seal on our 2015 23RB was mounted too high on one side and was wearing the underside of the slide. I dropped the seal on the high side and the issue went away.