PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Passport 2770 RB warranty question

T_Clark
07-09-2017, 04:25 PM
RV is 17 months old.

How long is the roof warranted against leaks? I'm pretty sure we have one and wanted to get a heads up before i go to the dealer we purchased from

JRTJH
07-09-2017, 04:51 PM
The roof membrane (the actual sheet of plastic that's on the roof) is warrantied for either 10 or 12 years depending on the manufacturer. After the one year Keystone warranty ends, that "sheet of plastic" is all that's got any warranty. The installation of the roof membrane, the moldings that attach it to the roof and the sidewalls, the vents that "poke through" the membrane and anything else that's on your roof are not covered. All of the "joints" or margins are sealed with DICOR lap sealant. None of that is covered by warranty after 90 days and maintaining all of these things is considered owner maintenance and is not affected by any warranty.

So, if the "plastic sheet" is defective and leaking, it's covered. If the leak originates with any seam, any "hole" that was cut to install something, any tear or any cut, then it's not covered and is "on your dime".

Tbos
07-09-2017, 08:04 PM
If you think you have a leak get a ladder and start looking for holes, cracks, separations, etc. I had the caulking/sealant on an upper clearance light go bad about 15 months after purchasing. I've also had some cracks appear in the Dicor on the side edges where the roof material meets the trim. Frequent inspection is the name of the game. Good luck finding and getting your leak fixed.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW