PDA

View Full Version : 333MKS fridge modifications

bert
07-09-2017, 03:22 PM
I have a 2014 keystone cougar 333MKS with dometic fridge. I opened up the top compartment as the fan was running all the time and found the top compartment has a board in it. We live in Calgary Alberta and perhaps previous owners put in for cold weather camping? Contacted factory and not stock. Attached pics (if they come through) . Any thoughts appreciated.

chuckster57
07-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

Not sure who you talked to at the factory, but the gap between the upper cooling coils and the outside wall is somewhat critical in the proper operation of the cooling unit. If you have the paperwork, look for the installation instructions and it should have a drawing with clear measurements. If the fan is running all the time, then the thermoswitch may be defective.

JRTJH
07-09-2017, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure who told you that it's not "factory installed" but they are mistaken (even if they are employed by Keystone). That panel is a functional part of directing airflow over the cooling fins on the back of your refrigerator. You're not the only owner who has found the panel and thought it was "some kind of mistake".... It's not a mistake, it's vital and needs to remain where it is.

Take a look at this thread. In post #2 you'll find an "uncanny duplicate panel" on another members trailer: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29225

Javi
07-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Got exactly the same thing in my trailer. And it is there from the factory, on purpose.
'15 333MKS

Javi

bert
07-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Thanks everyone for your info. I was ready to tear it out.