PDA

View Full Version : Parking on uneven surface

Cardcathrn
07-09-2017, 02:52 PM
Recommendations please! In between camping we park my TT in our driveway. Issue is that driveway slants down toward garage and dips off to the side. When leveling the left side tires are off the ground. I have tried blocks etc and know there has to be something. To drive up onto something on one side would be a bit of a challenge as we are still figuring the best way to back it into long driveway. Next year we will be able to spend some money and even it out and make it bigger.
Ideas? Suggestions?

ctbruce
07-09-2017, 03:54 PM
A couple of pictures so we can "see" what you are dealing with would probably help with some ideas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Cardcathrn
07-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Don't know if this helps but you can see the blocks u dear one side, blocks under one set of tires ( not even resting on) and the jack on other side

Cardcathrn
07-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Chip, I added pics. Let me know what else

Canonman
07-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Recommendations please! In between camping we park my TT in our driveway. Issue is that driveway slants down toward garage and dips off to the side. When leveling the left side tires are off the ground. I have tried blocks etc and know there has to be something. To drive up onto something on one side would be a bit of a challenge as we are still figuring the best way to back it into long driveway. Next year we will be able to spend some money and even it out and make it bigger.
Ideas? Suggestions?

We have a similar problem. The key for us is to get the TT fairly level side to side using one of these: Camco RV Tri-Leveler, from Walmart or any RV store.
Simply run the low side wheels up on the tri-levler until level or close to it.
Your auto level jacks will also need some "blocks" under the low side to make sure they have enough travel. This should keep your low side tires on the tri leveler. If you need more lift, use a 2x6 long enough for both wheels with the tri-leveler on the 2x6. This set up will give you the drive up capability you wanted.

Cardcathrn
07-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Can I use on just one side?

Canonman
07-09-2017, 05:31 PM
Can I use on just one side?

Yes. It only works if you only use it on the low side. Remember to block your wheels as usual.
Photo shows 2x6 with the tri-leveler. Slope on this campsite was about 6" in 8'