PDA

View Full Version : Not their fault, but frustrating just the same. 2017 keystone summerland, first time

seaward83
07-09-2017, 07:57 AM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuckster57
07-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Looks like none of the text for your post made it.

hankpage
07-09-2017, 08:10 AM
Looks like none of the text for your post made it.

But it's not their fault!!!! :cool: Sorry ... could not help myself. I hope the OP comes back and re-submits their post.

chuckster57
07-09-2017, 08:12 AM
But it's not their fault!!!! :cool: Sorry ... could not help myself. I hope the OP comes back and re-submits their post.

Your just being PC now :D I sent them a PM.

notanlines
07-09-2017, 08:42 AM
It is frustrating just the same! :hide:

seaward83
07-09-2017, 01:27 PM
M..k... try this again... I purchase 2017 Summerland Fireside a year ago, and this was my first chance to use it due to medical issues shortly after purchase. I wish they had told me this was either a 'beginner' or 'short trip only' camper/trailer. I would have paid the extra for one that could last an extended trip. Within one week, the seals around both storage have come off, part of where the a/c was put in won't stay on, the whole thing is creaking, well, like I do in the mornings... not sure... what my next move is... any time I've tried to contact the dealer in the past, they have not returned my attempt. I should have waited to get it..

notanlines
07-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Cat, you are travelling in a unit that sells for 12-15k or thereabouts. It is an entry level unit. Give it a chance with the selling dealer. The seals on the storage doors won't be a problem. The air conditioner problem I didn't quite understand, but it won't be a big deal to fix, I'm sure. Now, the creaks were included at no extra charge. They are in the biggest and the best. Take a couple minutes and explain in detail what the problems are and let's see if those in the know can help you out. :)

chuckster57
07-09-2017, 01:54 PM
If it's any comfort, I can tell you even the $$$ RV's can have problems. They are built by humans not robots and the assembly line is QUANTITY driven.
Now that it's yours, if indeed you can articulate a good reason that you weren't able to use the trailer during the initial warranty period, Keystone may extend it. I have seen other manufacturers extend warranties so it's worth a try.

IMO no matter if you bought a $5000.00 or a $500,000.00 unit, you are entitled to a certain level of quality and craftsmanship. Keep on with your selling dealer and reach out to Keystone. At this point I for one am happy to hear your healthy enough to use it!! Keep us in the loop.

seaward83
07-18-2017, 06:39 AM
Well, it's back at the dealers. Ended up with damage from the trip. So maybe I can get stuff looked at then.