PDA

View Full Version : Dual Zone A/C question

pmcmath
07-06-2017, 04:58 AM
Is there a special way to set up the dual zone a/c units so they dont freeze someone out of a room? My 2017 Fuzion 371 has two ac units and the bedroom one rarely runs except when we first arrive at a site. The back one (the temp sensor is in the garage) runs a lot and still puts air into the main coach. This ac is mounted in the main coach as well. While running it stil puts cool air throughout. Any thoughts? I hope I defined our issue well enough.

bsmith0404
07-06-2017, 06:27 AM
The best way I've found to keep it regulated is to set zone 1, the primary, to the temps you want and either heat or cool depending on the season. Then set zone 2, secondary, to the temp you want and place it on auto. While on auto, it will cycle zone 2 between cool and heat as necessary to maintain the temp. It's doesn't sound very efficient to possibly run the heat during the summer or AC during the winter, but it works to keep the two zones comfortable. Also, keeping as many doors open as possible to help equalize the temps helps

pmcmath
07-06-2017, 07:29 AM
We keep the doors open except the bathroom door. Problem is with humidity issues it will cause condensation with the garage door open sometimes. I'm thinking of adding a 3rd ac as it has the cover blank for it.

rsl
07-06-2017, 08:38 AM
Consider yourself lucky that you freeze. My 371 struggles to keep it 74 inside when in the 90s outside.

pmcmath
07-07-2017, 06:53 AM
Consider yourself lucky that you freeze. My 371 struggles to keep it 74 inside when in the 90s outside.

In the garage area it is tough but the main coach is a different story. We have been at the beach all week and the front a/c has run maybe 35% of the time here.