PDA

View Full Version : AC Fan Runs Constantly

Kevinkck
07-04-2017, 12:14 PM
On my 2015 Keystone Passport 2920 BH the fan on the AC runs constantly even when the compressor kicks off. Is this an easy fix or do I need to take the coach in to have it looked at?
I don't have a factory installed ladder on my coach, can I still walk on the roof to clean it and to check on the equipment?

Thanks,
Kevin

chuckster57
07-04-2017, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the forum!!
If your thermostat is square LED readout made by Dometic, then its real simple. The arrows on the right set the temp, and the button on the left sets the "mode".

Pushing the left button will cycle the mode from FAN to COOL to HEAT and OFF.

In FAN mode the right arrows will set the fan to "AUTO, HI or LO".
If the fan is set to either Hi or Lo and you set the thermostat to cool, the fan will operate all the time. If the fan is set to AUTO it will cycle with the compressor.

Come this winter when you set the thermostat to heat, if the fan is on Hi or Lo and your plugged into shore power, the AC fan will run along with the furnace fan. Set to AUTO it won't run with the furnace.

Hope this explains it in easy to understand terms.

JRTJH
07-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Chances are it's your thermostat setting. There is a fan switch on the thermostat. Settings are "HIGH" "LOW" and "AUTO".... When set to "AUTO" the fan will operate "in conjunction with the compressor" when set to "HIGH" or "LOW" the fan will operate continuously. The reason for that is to provide "air movement" so the coach doesn't get "stuffy" and to more evenly distribute air to prevent "hot areas".

Check your thermostat. You'll probably find it's not on "AUTO".

Kevinkck
07-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Thank you. That worked. I didn't realize it had that option I guess one of my kids changed it.

Kevinkck
07-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Thank you that worked. I learned something new about my camper.