PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Cougar 327RLK grey water valve

V2wings
06-30-2017, 06:55 PM
Has anyone come up with a solution for the Grey valve that some genius decided would best if it was dead center under the coach?

JRTJH
06-30-2017, 08:31 PM
Our 2014 Cougar 27RKS galley tank handle is just inboard of the frame rail behind the rear tire. That puts it under the extended slide and the only way to get to it is on a creeper, on your knees or doing a "duck walk" under the slide. I use an old awning rod (the 1/4" steel rod about 5' long with a loop on one end and a "L" on the other. I loop the awning rod onto the handle before extending the slide and just let it rest on the ground. When I need to open/close the valve, I just reach under the edge of the slide and pull/push the rod. It's much easier than getting under the slide.

V2wings
07-01-2017, 05:40 PM
I'll have to see if I can find a rod and try it can't remember which way that the valve pulls I think almost down
Thanks for the idea

jmorris1979
07-04-2017, 03:27 PM
I had to modify my black tank pull handle on my 2017 laredo 333bh. Some one never made the rod long enough. I noticed the valve handle was missing upon delivery. Went to pull the rod to attach a new handle but nothing. Pushed in on the rod and sure enough in it went ... up inside the enclosed underbelly.

I made up an extender out of an 8 '' piece 1/4'' threaded rod and a coupler. Problem solved.

CaptnJohn
07-04-2017, 06:23 PM
I keep an extendable boat hook in the basement. It is used to reach the center of the truck bed and the galley tank handle. Never needs extended and cheap to buy.

DocWMB
07-22-2017, 08:43 PM
Could we possibly get a photo of your modifications to the awning rod? I'm tired of wiggling in on my back to reach that valve.