PDA

View Full Version : Light switches

DocData757
06-02-2011, 12:42 PM
What is with the bathroom light switches being outside of the bathroom?

Dave

Jim W
06-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Maybe that is a manufacturing improvement over the engineering design.

I know that my bath room light switch is in the bath room.
Jim W.

therink
06-02-2011, 04:20 PM
I'd have fun with the DW with that one.
Mine are on the inside where they should be.

mel07green
06-03-2011, 09:17 AM
That's odd. Ours is in the bathroom ...

DocData757
06-03-2011, 10:21 AM
That is odd! The one in the hall is in a double box with the switch for the hall light. So do you have a switch on the inside wall of the bath for the bathroom and one on the outside for the hall light?

Thanks,

Just4us
06-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Doc Data,

We had the exact same question. Our unit is set up the same as yours with a double switch in the hallway, one for the bathroom and one for the hall light. The other light switch for the bathroom is located in the bedroom. One thing I did do is to flip the location of the switchs in the double switch set. Now the switch that is closer to the bathroom door is for the bathroom and the one closer to the stair is for the hallway. We also labeled all the switches to eliminate confusion for our guests.

I would love to find out the logic from Keystone as to why they did not put the light switches in the bathroom. My guess is so that you can turn the light on from an occupied area and not have to search for the switch in the dark bathroom. Although the the skylight does give you some light so maybe my theory does not hold up. Any other guesses........

Tom

mel07green
06-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Dave,

Yes, we have a single switch in the hall for the hall light and a single switch on the opposite side of the wall in the bathroom for the, you guessed it, bathroom lights. (No bathroom light switch at all in the bedroom.)

Tom, I can't work out the logic of the way it was set up for you guys. Obviously Keystone couldn't either, and perhaps after a few inquiries, and revised. Interesting.

Mel

hankaye
06-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Howdy All;

Mine is on the inside of the WC. The only part of the "Bathroom" that is seperate from the rest of the bedroom. Personnaly i like the switch outside so I can light it up on the way in instead of banging around in there huntin' for it...:D LOL.

hankaye

DocData757
06-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Just4Us...
I swapped around my 2 hall switches several months ago. Glad you figures that out too!

trucker LOU
06-08-2011, 04:34 PM
the bathroom light switch on my Springdale is in the bathroom,my question is, why is the vent switch on the ceiling vent where you need a ladder to reach it ???