PDA

View Full Version : Dinette table supports

bschmuhl
06-28-2017, 10:15 AM
I recently submitted my problem with my Summerland mini 1750rd dinette not being strong enough and had to add vertical supports under the ledges for the table to help support people sleeping on it. Has anyone ever tried to cut down PVC pipe and place them in the holes that support the table when its up and use those to help renforce the space under the table when people sleep on the dinette?

CrazyCain
06-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Sounds like a good Idea...I have not used my dinette as a sleeping quarters just yet, but will keep that in mind. Let us know if you do that how it works.

:popcorn:

Stevenssjj
06-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Yes. Did exactly that when we made our standard dinette into an L shape. At bed level we use PVC pipe as supports.

Johnny's Journey
07-06-2017, 07:05 PM
:lol: I was set on getting a unit like yours but went with it's big brother instead. It to has a not so great collapsible stand as well. It is what it is, right. I'm going to go with the conventional way of having a table with post and socket. To make a sleeper I'll also go old school and cleat the rim of the booth since the cushion's are proud of the face. This won't allow the cleats to touch the back of the leg. By the way to anyone reading this, is there a floater base that can be had that can fasten under the top it's self. This way the table can be rotated or slid side to side or back and forth.

Lee
07-09-2017, 05:28 AM
Hi,

Here's 2 pic's of the Mod I did to the table to support it.

First is the PVC pipe I cut to fit for center support and the 2nd is the wood supports for the sides.

Lee

hexmex357
07-09-2017, 06:00 PM
I recently submitted my problem with my Summerland mini 1750rd dinette not being strong enough and had to add vertical supports under the ledges for the table to help support people sleeping on it. Has anyone ever tried to cut down PVC pipe and place them in the holes that support the table when its up and use those to help renforce the space under the table when people sleep on the dinette?

On my First trip on our new camper. I turned the dinette table into a bed and it broke one of the wooden planks that hold the table up. I could not believe that they use only staples to hold any kind of weight. I am going to put some screws threw the wood planks but I do think the PVC pipe Idea is a great one. I will also do this mod! Thanks