PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Fuzion Slide out leak

mgdots
06-28-2017, 09:34 AM
I have a leak in the bedroom slide out. It's coming in on the inside of the bottom metal channel on the left hand side. I have caulked all of the channels around the entire slide but when it rains hard it still seems to be getting in somewhere. Could it be coming in the window and running down the wall to the inside of that channel? Or should I remove all the caulking and start over. I'm baffled as I cannot find where it's coming in. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

parkgirl
08-02-2017, 07:36 AM
I had the same problem with my kitchen slide. After I caulked up the metal trim there was a significant improvement but still a bit of damp in the corner. I checked underneath the slide outside on that corner and there was a spot where the undercoating had split because of the moisture. I could basically see the edge of some very moist particle board (I guess the floor inside?) I think water was pooling on the rubber seals there and dripping down, so I caulked up that split and now it's perfectly dry.

gbsb
08-03-2017, 07:42 PM
I have a 2010 Fuzion 383 with a leak in the bedroom slide I can not find either it is wet on the floor on the front side of the slide. It completely rotted the floor out and I had to replace the floor in the slide. I used Plywood instead of particle board but it still leaks. The ceiling over the bed in the slide feels like it has been wet also I never saw it wet but when you push on it it crunches like it has come all to pieces. I closed it up and left it and will go back and work on it some more when I get time. A shame pay $70,000.00 for a camper and it just rot.s out around you . Good puck with your leak. I did have a ouple of prople tell me theirs was leaking around the windows in the slide.