PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Keystone Sprinter TV

pmf
06-28-2017, 06:48 AM
Hello,

We just bought a Sprinter 334FWFLS and can't figure out how to pull the TV out to plug in a HDMI cable. There is barely enough room around the sides to put a finger so there must be a latch or something or if not you can't add devices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
pmf

pmf
06-28-2017, 11:27 AM
Never mind I called Keystone. They said it pulls out but it's tight. I didn't want to break anything.

Thanks,

Outback 325BH
06-28-2017, 11:55 AM
There should be a latch you pull. On mine there is a short strap behind the tv on the bottom center. You pull it straight down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pmf
06-28-2017, 12:25 PM
Thanks...that makes since.

pmf
07-14-2017, 04:52 PM
We're in it now and I've put my hand as far as I can but can find no latch or cable to pull.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Pat

chuckster57
07-14-2017, 06:10 PM
Some have a sizzors like mount and you have to hold each side and pull straight out. When stowed for travel there is a U shaped piece that grabs hold of the center shaft. We don't sell that model, so I may be way off, just going by the different styles I've seen. I do know they grab pretty good.

pmf
07-14-2017, 06:13 PM
I've tried pulling straight out but it flexes and I'm afraid it wil break.

Thanks'
Pat

chuckster57
07-14-2017, 06:31 PM
Can you get any type of mirror and a light for a better view of the back side?

Mikesamoose
07-14-2017, 11:09 PM
When I installed my HDMI cable the TV lifted straight up to come off the bracket. There wasn't anything else holding it on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

pmf
07-15-2017, 02:43 PM
I did look behind it with a mirror. There's 2 silver bars about 8" apart but have no idea how to release them

chuckster57
07-15-2017, 02:53 PM
So the silver bars are vertical (up and down)? And if so is there black square tubes attached and horizontal?

pmf
07-15-2017, 03:52 PM
That's correct.

Thanks,
Pat

chuckster57
07-15-2017, 04:20 PM
Sounds like the pivot points are just real tight. I know it can be a bit scary, but I would give one side a pretty good pull and see what happens. I have had to loosen the pivot bolts just a tad on some.

pmf
07-15-2017, 05:38 PM
I got it out a couple inches but that's it. I don't know if I'm pulling it out of the wall or what but now I can't push it back in.

Thanks again,
Pat

chuckster57
07-15-2017, 05:54 PM
Time for another look see in the mirror.

pmf
07-15-2017, 06:14 PM
I did but still don't see anything different . The bracket or whatever it is doesn't look like it's moved but the tv has .

Not sure what to other than take it to the dealer.

Thanks

pmf
07-15-2017, 06:21 PM
By the way. Should I work on just one side, pull on both sides or the middle?

chuckster57
07-15-2017, 06:25 PM
One side then the other. If your getting nervous then take it in and let the dealer break it. That way they have to replace it.

pmf
07-16-2017, 01:47 PM
I tugged on both side pretty hard this morning and after several tries it still didn't budge. I guess I'll try to call someone tomorrow or take it someplace. Pretty frustrating to say the least.

Thanks for all of your advice,
Pat

chuckster57
07-16-2017, 01:56 PM
Your very welcome. Hope you get it figured out.

weaselz
07-16-2017, 02:33 PM
On ours, I had to lift straight up. It was very tight.

sourdough
07-16-2017, 02:40 PM
Our TV was very tight as well. I have to rock it right to left back and forth to get it out. You have to put quite a bit of pressure on it to make it pull forward.

pmf
07-17-2017, 12:18 PM
I contacted Keystone today and they said to pull out then lift up which I tried but not with much force. This concerns me because if that is the case I am pretty sure I bent something or pulled it out of the wall some because it did move a few inches. Weaselz how hard was it to put back on the bracket? Here's a picture of the bracket and I tried to post it unsuccessfully. Looks like it would be very hard to put back on.13401

Thanks again,

Pat

Mikesamoose
07-17-2017, 12:29 PM
I contacted Keystone today and they said to pull out then lift up which I tried but not with much force. This concerns me because if that is the case I am pretty sure I bent something or pulled it out of the wall some because it did move a few inches. Weaselz how hard was it to put back on the bracket? Here's a picture of the bracket and I tried to post it unsuccessfully. Looks like it would be very hard to put back on.13401

Thanks again,

Pat

In our 334FWFLS when I removed the TV it came off fairly easy. Putting it back wasn't as easy but after a few tries it went back and I haven't had any issue over the last 4 trips that I have been on with it. You might want to have a second person ready to help if needed.

pmf
07-18-2017, 03:58 PM
Well we did get it off tonight and it was lift up and out but I had to jerk it a little. I was presently surprised that we got it back on the second try so it's done. It should not have been near this hard but it is what it is. :banghead:

Thanks again for all of the advice,
Pat

weaselz
07-18-2017, 06:00 PM
That is the same bracket we have. I should mention it is easier with two people, one on each side lifting straight up and then out. Putting it back on is a little tough. But with two it really helps.

chuckster57
07-18-2017, 06:23 PM
Glad to hear you got it.

CCRK MAX
07-25-2017, 12:21 PM
DO NOT pull straight out. IT IS picked straight UP. it is a close tolerance fit. the holes are tapered to the top side and that is what holds the TV in place. there are pins on the 2 metal bars you are seeing. I grab ours by the bottom and have the Wife steady it. once you get it out have fun getting it back in. remember patience is a virtue.

pmf
07-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Yeah we finally found that out and got it off. The funny thing is we got it right back on without a problem which really surprised me.
Thanks,

GovGeek
08-14-2017, 09:43 AM
I did look behind it with a mirror. There's 2 silver bars about 8" apart but have no idea how to release themI always use my smartphone camera for things like this. That way I can take as many pics and zoom in on things. Just a thought. [emoji4]

Sent from my pocket computer

TomD1
01-23-2018, 04:58 PM
Just wondering if any one has had this problem with the TV mounting. I removed the TV this morning with no problem, plugged in a HDMI cable and when I looked at the back of the TV to get a visual for remounting I noticed the top left lug that screws into the TV and fits into the mount was missing. I reinstalled the TV and called my service advisor at Camping World to see if they could send me one. They said yes it is under warranty but I would have to bring the RV to a camping world to verify the problem. So much for their spiel about being one happy family. I guess that is just until you sign on the dotted line.

sourdough
01-23-2018, 05:08 PM
Just wondering if any one has had this problem with the TV mounting. I removed the TV this morning with no problem, plugged in a HDMI cable and when I looked at the back of the TV to get a visual for remounting I noticed the top left lug that screws into the TV and fits into the mount was missing. I reinstalled the TV and called my service advisor at Camping World to see if they could send me one. They said yes it is under warranty but I would have to bring the RV to a camping world to verify the problem. So much for their spiel about being one happy family. I guess that is just until you sign on the dotted line.

Tell them you are unable to bring it to them. Send them a picture instead to show the problem and have them order the part for you then send it to you. On at least a couple of occasions I have sent detailed information on the problem I had along with pictures and had those broken items approved for warranty replacement. They went to the dealer and I went to get them or they sent them to me. That is up to your dealer and their ability to interface with CW. They sent me all new, updated, rollers, hardware etc. for remounting my sliding door after it fell out on our maiden voyage and I did nothing but call the CW service manager and do the above. You should be able to do the same. Keep in mind; Keystone has no idea if it's warranty work or not - that is up to the dealer to determine and document to Keystone; so, this will give you an idea how good your dealer really is.

TomD1
01-23-2018, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the info I will definitely try that.