PDA

View Full Version : Roof repair advise request

Lee
06-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Hi,

Took a week off and went camping in the Great Cascade mountains....one day a heavy breeze kicked up and as a precaution I retracted the awning....good thing I did,..... About this time a 6 foot limb was blown down due to the high winds and landed on the TT's roof.

Now that I have the TT home I performed a roof inspection and found a tear in the roof membrane.

So,... I ask the Keystone Guru Gods,.... what's the proper way to repair this tear?

TT is a 2013 Cougar 21RBS.

I regularly x2 year apply Aerospace 303 to the roof so I'm sure this will need to be "de-greased" before repair. Acetone? or ??????

BTW: Pocket knife in the picture is 1 1/2 inch long as shown.

Thanks,
Lee

Canonman
06-26-2017, 04:54 PM
Looks to me like you got away with minimal damage. How about trying some self leveling lap sealant?? Not sure if a patch is really needed. Had a similar nick from a low hanging Juniper branch and the lap sealant seem to be enough of a fix for us.
Sorry I don't have a photo of the repair just the place where it happened:facepalm:

chuckster57
06-26-2017, 05:50 PM
If that's the extent of the damage, then yeah a good gob of self leveling Dicor will be good. We use Fantastik and a clean rag to insure good seal.