PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator not cooling properly

Kajax
06-25-2017, 09:18 AM
Avalanche 331re with RM1350 fridge. Having cooling problem went to clean out rear when I opened the top vent found most of opening blocked by 1/8 in paneling, only 5in high opening out of 13in high cut out for vent. Is this normal? Refrigerator is in slide out.

chuckster57
06-25-2017, 09:24 AM
The baffle is normal. It's there to direct air flow over the top fins of the cooling unit. You should have a fan or two mounted to the back of the refer for additional airflow since it's in a slide. If your not hearing the fan(s) then I would suspect the problem is in that circuit.

The fans are 12V and activated by a thermo switch mounted to the cooling unit. Some are mounted to the left side of the top fin assembly, and you may be able to see it. It will have two wires connected to it. If the fridge is ON and you jump the wires, the fan(s) should run. If not then your fan(s) have failed, if they do then the switch has failed. Switch failure is more common than fan failure.

Kajax
06-25-2017, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the reply it just looked to small, yes my fans do come on I can hear them run at times. Must just be how it is.

chuckster57
06-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Ambient air temps can affect the efficiency of an RV refer. How hot is it, and is that side in the sun?

Kajax
06-25-2017, 10:48 AM
No it cools down to 37 at night then warms up to mid 40's during the day. Wife doesn't like it but I can live with it.

ctbruce
06-25-2017, 11:45 AM
No it cools down to 37 at night then warms up to mid 40's during the day. Wife doesn't like it but I can live with it.
Is that Fahrenheit or Celcius? If it's Fahrenheit, then the temps are not affecting the operation of the fridge. If it's Celcius, you need to find a cooler place to camp. No wonder the DW doesn't like it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Kajax
06-25-2017, 01:56 PM
It is Fahrenheit some times it shows 47 or 49 but that is the reading shown on the door. The reason she is worried is it never went above 36 until camping 2 weeks ago, and I do cool the refrigerator before we load it. I shall assume all is ok. Thank you for your help.

chuckster57
06-25-2017, 02:24 PM
47-49 seems a bit high to me. Are the temps the same on LP as 110?

ctbruce
06-25-2017, 03:27 PM
It is Fahrenheit some times it shows 47 or 49 but that is the reading shown on the door. The reason she is worried is it never went above 36 until camping 2 weeks ago, and I do cool the refrigerator before we load it. I shall assume all is ok. Thank you for your help.
Sorry, was reading that as the outside temperature based on Chuckster's question. My bad...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk