PDA

View Full Version : "Prepped for rear view camera" ? 2017 High Country

jonnyaiks
06-22-2017, 05:58 AM
This is a "feature" for the 2017 High Country's according to the website (as part of the High Country Package) - but I don't really know what this means... Does it mean pre-wired for powering a wireless system? On other brands or models I've seen brackets on the rear for Furrion cameras, but my High Country (2017) I see nothing, not even a sticker.
So I'm wondering if it just means nothing, like calling "tires included" a feature.... or "here's 80 sq ft at the back to attach something - good luck with wiring!"

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

John&Genny
06-22-2017, 06:47 AM
This is a "feature" for the 2017 High Country's according to the website (as part of the High Country Package) - but I don't really know what this means... Does it mean pre-wired for powering a wireless system? On other brands or models I've seen brackets on the rear for Furrion cameras, but my High Country (2017) I see nothing, not even a sticker.
So I'm wondering if it just means nothing, like calling "tires included" a feature.... or "here's 80 sq ft at the back to attach something - good luck with wiring!"

If you don't see the Furrion mounting bracket on the back, then I doubt it has been prepped for the wireless camera. My Avalanche had the bracket and when I removed the bracket cover the 12V hookup wiring was tucked in there so it was a easy connection/install for the camera.

jonnyaiks
06-22-2017, 06:52 AM
If you don't see the Furrion mounting bracket on the back, then I doubt it has been prepped for the wireless camera. My Avalanche had the bracket and when I removed the bracket cover the 12V hookup wiring was tucked in there so it was a easy connection/install for the camera.
That's pretty much what I expected. I will not be surprised then - I am bringing it in to the dealer with the (pleasantly) short list from the shakedown trip so I guess I'll be prepared for the answer.
Thanks!

Thundershorts
06-22-2017, 10:26 AM
You may want to find out when your trailer was built. If it was a 2017 model built early in 2016, it won't have it. My Avalanche is a 2017, has all the features and interior finishes of the 2016 and none of the features or interior finishes of the 2017's built in the later part of 2016.

jonnyaiks
06-22-2017, 11:23 AM
It was built in june 2016. SOL, I guess.

chuckster57
06-22-2017, 12:16 PM
It was built in june 2016. SOL, I guess.

Is real easy to add the camera. If you buy the kit, everything is included. Most difficult part is fishing the power from a clearance light.

jonnyaiks
06-22-2017, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the tip, I will definitely look into that.