PDA

View Full Version : Who's going where for the 4th?

MTBlazer89
06-21-2017, 11:24 AM
Kinda lands at an odd time this year with it being on a Tues, but I have a 4 day weekend so we are leaving the very questionable climate of western WA and heading to Wenatchee on the river. Grand Cooley dam does a laser light show on Sat night and the Bavarian town of Leavenworth is only 30 min away too.

Tbos
06-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Anchor Down RV Resort in Dandridge TN. We we will be there from the 30th to the 10th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Canonman
06-21-2017, 03:54 PM
Oregon Coast! Family tradition to meet up in the Newport/Walport area to celebrate the 4th. 3 families, 3 campers, 3 X the fun. We like the Tillicum Beach campground the kids will be at the Thousand Trails Whaler's Rest.
OOORA!!!

chuckster57
06-21-2017, 05:16 PM
We stay home on holiday weekends, much safer

Mikesamoose
06-21-2017, 10:33 PM
We will be in South Lake Tahoe for the week. It has become our tradition. We try to arrive before the crowd and come home after it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

RandyandDeb
06-22-2017, 02:04 AM
Headed to Michigan and Ontario. Attending friends' son's wedding.

bsmith0404
06-22-2017, 03:49 AM
Nowhere with the RV. I prefer to go out when there are fewer people. Besides, that's always a good weekend at the local dirt track so I'll be headed to the races.

frankyb01
06-22-2017, 06:41 AM
Cape Henlopen State Park in Delaware. It's the first year that they have ever had electric hook-ups.

dblanch57
06-22-2017, 09:08 AM
Fort Custer State Park Battle Creek Mi. 29th through the 8th. Visit kids and past friends. Hot Air balloon festival with air show and festivities for the 4th. We lived there for many years before moving to Wisconsin.

notanlines
06-22-2017, 09:18 AM
We will be sitting front and center at the little Chetek, Wisconsin 4th of July parade. Events include a horse pull (these people are serious) a car show and a great water ski show. Small town America at the very best. We're staying at Six Lakes RV Park for a couple months before we climb onto the Harley and head to Labrador.

kfxgreenie
06-22-2017, 10:22 AM
We will be sitting front and center at the little Chetek, Wisconsin 4th of July parade. Events include a horse pull (these people are serious) a car show and a great water ski show. Small town America at the very best. We're staying at Six Lakes RV Park for a couple months before we climb onto the Harley and head to Labrador.

Are you up there already? Any storm damage in the campground? That area sure got pounded for a Wisconsin Tornado.

We will be in Sidie Hollow Campground, Viroqua WI. Nice peaceful small county campground that we can get loud rowdy and ******* stooooopid. ;) :popcorn::popcorn:

notanlines
06-22-2017, 12:07 PM
Yes, we've been in the area for three weeks. This particular campground only received peripheral damage, mainly limbs and such, but three or four of the local camps were all but wiped out. The tornado ended with a path 80 miles long; longest path in Wisconsin history.
I had to laugh when I read your description of your favorite camp and the activities. In the winter we reside in a very conservative RV park in south Florida. All is very, very quiet and the old farts like it that way. Brenda and I just go by the rules. Here in this area it is quiet as a mouse until Friday at about 4:00 and then the campfires get started, the kids gather in the middle of the place in the playground and the screaming and laughing begins. Most of the adults are having adult beverages and arguing about what dead beast to put on the grill. Campfires last until about 2 in the morning. Sundays at about 2:00 the noise dies down, trailers pull out, and Brenda and I and a few others are left in peace. I don't much like the peace, however. Kids squealing and friends making fun of the Vikings makes for a better time. Whether you're in Wisconsin, Iowa, Texas, California, BC, or wherever, doesn't this sound like America?

Sarvi
06-22-2017, 12:53 PM
Not camping, but visiting my hometown and family back in Michigan. Monday and Tuesday are considered holidays at my work this year, so I can go for 9 days and only take 3 days vacation time.

Dave W
06-22-2017, 01:53 PM
Not going far. We may brave the bumper to bumper traffic and wander 100 miles up I-87 to Lake Champlain where our 5er spends much of the summer. But then we may stay home if there is any threat of bad weather and go to the town sponsored festivities which are always fun along with their big Alonzo Fireworks show.

kfxgreenie
06-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Yes, we've been in the area for three weeks. This particular campground only received peripheral damage, mainly limbs and such, but three or four of the local camps were all but wiped out. The tornado ended with a path 80 miles long; longest path in Wisconsin history.
I had to laugh when I read your description of your favorite camp and the activities. In the winter we reside in a very conservative RV park in south Florida. All is very, very quiet and the old farts like it that way. Brenda and I just go by the rules. Here in this area it is quiet as a mouse until Friday at about 4:00 and then the campfires get started, the kids gather in the middle of the place in the playground and the screaming and laughing begins. Most of the adults are having adult beverages and arguing about what dead beast to put on the grill. Campfires last until about 2 in the morning. Sundays at about 2:00 the noise dies down, trailers pull out, and Brenda and I and a few others are left in peace. I don't much like the peace, however. Kids squealing and friends making fun of the Vikings makes for a better time. Whether you're in Wisconsin, Iowa, Texas, California, BC, or wherever, doesn't this sound like America?

Yes yes it does. We are a blessed population thanks to those that have served or are serving.
:USA2::USA2::USA2::USA2::USA2::USA2::USA2:

bsmith0404
06-22-2017, 02:14 PM

You're gonna miss out on the biggest little parade in America in Mikana, WI. And you're so close to it!!

DAN d
06-23-2017, 03:53 AM
dont like traveling holiday wk ends go befor or after holidays
be safe all:bdance:

Sallen80
06-24-2017, 09:24 PM
Upper peninsula of Michigan.

first time 5er
06-25-2017, 03:51 PM
five days on an island in central Florida. Fishing from the picnic table and cool ocean breezes. :dance::dance:

Eddie A.
06-25-2017, 11:21 PM
Oregon coast to Cannon Beach for the weekend but actually heading home to Western WA on the 4th to avoid the horrible traffic on the 5th [emoji57]. Staying at the KOA in Astoria as they seemed to be the only ones that had full hookups left by the time we made reservations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctbruce
06-26-2017, 05:46 PM
Not going anywhere this year. The dogs hate loud noises and it's just crazy out there. I hope everyone who's venturing out has a great time.

mjeronimo
06-26-2017, 07:05 PM
Half Moon Bay California, we go every July 4th great parade downtown. And there's always the ocean! On the right of the pic you can see the land with the bulbous radar tower Mavericks is just below that. Can't wait!

chuckster57
06-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Half Moon Bay California, we go every July 4th great parade downtown. And there's always the ocean! On the right of the pic you can see the land with the bulbous radar tower Mavericks is just below that. Can't wait!

DW was there yesterday. One of these days I want to yank the fiver there. Any CG's with full hookups that you can recommend?

MTBlazer89
06-27-2017, 07:59 AM
Oregon coast to Cannon Beach for the weekend but actually heading home to Western WA on the 4th to avoid the horrible traffic on the 5th [emoji57]. Staying at the KOA in Astoria as they seemed to be the only ones that had full hookups left by the time we made reservations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping to get out of town by lunch on Friday and be over Stevens pass before it gets crazy and back Tues morning for the same reason!

Not going anywhere this year. The dogs hate loud noises and it's just crazy out there. I hope everyone who's venturing out has a great time.

My girlfriend is a vet tech so she got the dogs some magic relaxer pills LOL

mjeronimo
06-30-2017, 09:18 PM
Pillar point is nice full hookups if you get front row-ocean/harbor view ! First come first serve no reservations taken. Come Monday-Wednesday for better choice of spots. Fills up quick by Thursday Friday, search pillar point rv park on the Internet here's the website newradio.com/PillarPointRVPark they update how many and what type- ocean view/ partial ocean view- don't stay in back row against the fence to noisy from highway 1. One more thing September to October best weather and less crowded but not on pumpkin festival week very crowded. Hope this helps.

chris199
06-30-2017, 09:46 PM
We are in Gettysburg Friday night thru Tue. Then up to Raystown Lake resort until Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Frank G
07-01-2017, 02:51 AM
Eby's Pines Campground, Bristol IN. :)

Dave W
07-01-2017, 03:22 AM
As I noted way back, at our usual CG along Lake Champlain. Lots of empty sites as the rain/monsoons in the Upstate New York Adirondacks just wont stop. Flash flood warnings, huge puddles and ponds that were almost dried up last year are at their limits. We'll catch up on our reading and when (if!) the rain stops, go for a wander, possibly to Lake Placid and join the crowd scene.

Oh well, a lousy weather day camping is still way better then being home and mowing, trimming, weeding, painting, etc.